Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waldenbrook went mad

Angry Waldenbrook went mad

I just had a craaaazy thing happened to me.

Plot of that stupidity:

1) PC (terrible gloom was just lifted) picks up stuff in Dwarftown shop and drops on a single tile using :d Y ENTER ENTER ENTER ....
    I remember that there was a single corpse in that pile.
    2) Waldenbrook says "Stop ya thief" or something like that, aggravates and summons muscular dwarves
    [I sweat since he is a demigod after all that sis.] After checking my inventory, it looks like everything unpaid was dropped.
    3) PC teleports Waldenbrook using a wand.
    4) PC retreats a level down to her companion purple j.
    5) PC commands the companion to kill several muscular dwarves. [As it turned out later, the dwarves can be one-shot by PC.]
    6) That time, a friendly dwarven guardian picks up some (unpaid) goodies in the shop and even equips them.
    7) Dwarves are killed, Waldenbrook appears from the right. Purple j is commanded to kill W.
    8) W. says "You want to play game? So be it!" In a one-turn fight purple j misses all its attacks and W. kills it. [Well, I never liked that jelly.]

Then things become a lot more interesting.

9) W. becomes friendly. (????????????????)
    10) He returns to shop doors and stands blocking it. (!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    11) When trying to [ : p ]ay, there are no debts.

I would want to know, is it a known bug in pre-release 23 or what? The shop by itself is not important for me since PC is a mist elf, but curiosity can kill me.

EDIT. I feel lucky. W. could kill that PC in two turns. It is good that he's calm again.

EDIT. For some reason W. now steps to/from the doors each several turns, like he's not certain. I fear to go to the shop. Some muscular dwarves are still not killed in the middle of the town.
    Last edited by sweetnothing; 06-27-2015 at 10:08 PM.

It has been known for some time that if Waldy goes hostile, he might calm down after killing a PC's pet.
    Looks like it worked for you.
    As for everything else, I have no idea what happened.
    Maybe you had hate aura corruption or armor of hate?
    Last edited by Blasphemous; 06-28-2015 at 07:00 AM.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

I like the part where the dwarf citizens started thinking it was a free for all, then W laid the smack down on them.

The only corruption is exhale sulfur, armor is not hate. I had idea that that corpse has rotten while in my inventory. Actually I could carefully test what in that pile of items now.

Ok, I do not see that dwarven guardian in the shop anymore. All stuff there is not shop stuff, it can be freely picked up. That corpse is still in the pile.

Now I know who is the true thief here, it is Waldenbrook. He effectively stole my guaranteed ring of ice! Dwarven mystic has bullied my PC and disappeared in a blink of eye. Stupid dwarves piss me off
    Last edited by sweetnothing; 06-28-2015 at 08:21 PM.

A low Cha stat also tends to set NPCs off as well.
    That along with Corruption could of aggro'ed him

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableGuy View Post
    A low Cha stat also tends to set NPCs off as well.
    That along with Corruption could of aggro'ed him
    I'm skeptical. Are you saying that *just* having a low charisma can cause npcs to become hostile? Because I don't think I've ever had that happen. I'm also not aware that the sulfur breath corruption or having a certain level of corruption in general can cause hostility.

I think some shopkeeper behavior is buggy, but then people try to rationalize it as involving some sort of really complicated system that takes stuff like this into account.

Quote Originally Posted by gr3ybird View Post
    I'm skeptical. Are you saying that *just* having a low charisma can cause npcs to become hostile? Because I don't think I've ever had that happen. I'm also not aware that the sulfur breath corruption or having a certain level of corruption in general can cause hostility.

I think some shopkeeper behavior is buggy, but then people try to rationalize it as involving some sort of really complicated system that takes stuff like this into account.
    It's been my experience. Happens often enough and it's the only factor that seams to coincide.

Calm down, charisma was around 19. That was probably a bug in :d Y command.