Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: arrrgghhh need help

Default arrrgghhh need help

I am currently attempting a lithium challenge and it was going spectacularly well....drake barbarian crowned with grod, lvl 19 and reached eternal guardian. i had 2 potions of cursed invis, but each time i threw it at him. he staggered and immediately another appeared. now i am out of and means of cursing....i noticed that it takes me 1200 energy points to throw potions.....is this ever gonna work? also, how do i curse my water....i converted an altar from neutral to chaotic, and dropped 2 potions of water, but the god either grumbles or accepts my gift as a heretic! ofc, i dont have any means of tping. so i am stuck, which is sad cause this guy is looking good. he even has moloch armour, which is giving him more pv than all of my lvl 50 characters! i dont have it equipped when i do eternal guardian ofc cause they punch thru armor and reduce speed. any help is appreciated. tried wands of wonder for tp spell...mayb ill recharge and try again. tried dipping my stack of 9 ratling pamphlets into blessed PoEX on d6 but didnt get scroll of tp. last resort is a greater undead vault cause they bitches cant penetrate thu my 70 pv...neways

Quote Originally Posted by divij View Post
    . i had 2 potions of cursed invis, but each time i threw it at him. he staggered and immediately another appeared. now i am out of and means of cursing....i noticed that it takes me 1200 energy points to throw potions..... also, how do i curse my water
    - I think if there is hostile EG running arround level chances of getting through are somewhat reduced, so first I would try to get rid of spare copies. alarm traps used ti be good, but sadly trap pattern is no more abusable.

-tp is recomended but char can stand next to blinded Eg and use one turn window to get to stairs. Or be attacked to death if unlucky.

-Use sling with whatever potion [either cursed raw mana or wonder used to work iiirc] to get energy to 1000, sadly sling proficiency levels do not apply.

- easiest is converting yourself and pissing new god enough to curse whole inventory [most of course should be dropped], alternatively you can keep dropping junk [rocks with known status are best] on crossalligned altar - there are several actions which happens on drop which changes with stuff being dropped. between consumption of items and rat summons should be period where stuff glows dark [assuming uncursed/blessed stuff with known status is dropped - otherwise no message is probably generated]

i am sad to say, i quit this character....i think he would have won. i used a wand of trap creation several times, till 1 of them gave me tp trap. then i used a bow-arrow to shoot at the guardian. it took 900 EPs. i had consumed 2 blessed potions of boost speed, was wearing 7lbs...i tried this 5-6 times (around 10 guardians) but always, whenever the guardian used to move a replacement would come in his place....so i got thoroughly annoyed and quit. i think there is something amiss here. this has never happened to me b4...neways, down goes a perfectly winnable character to the vagaries of this sometimes ugly - mostly beautiful game!!!!!!!

I wonder if EG can be killed by djinni strangulation.

the EG has some strange behaviours.

sometimes the "attack, he moves, you teleport" simply doesn't work. He just spawns a copy every time. in which case you can't win the lithium challenge.

other times he will chase you without spawning a copy (probably a bug).
    Wins:
    Gnome Assassin / Dwarven Paladin (ULE) / Ratling Duelist (UNE) / High Elf Archer / Gnomish Wizard x ~5 / Gray Elven Wizard (UCG) - Archmage / Gnomish Weaponsmith / Grey Elf Elementalist / Dwarven Priest / Trollish Barbarian / Drakling Farmer / Mist Elf Wizard / Human Beastfighter / Ratling Archer (UNE) / Gnomish Mindcrafter

Classes Left
    Many!

if this is indeed the case...it sucks! i am gonna save the game and try it next time till it works...i can mentally afford to have played a character for 2 hours and have my journey ended to a bug if there is a fail safe way of doing this (except with a ring ofc) , please let me know!!

Quote Originally Posted by divij View Post
    if this is indeed the case...it sucks! i am gonna save the game and try it next time till it works...i can mentally afford to have played a character for 2 hours and have my journey ended to a bug if there is a fail safe way of doing this (except with a ring ofc) , please let me know!!
    It's not bug to best of my knowledge.
    Most of time it works if:
    - speed above EG
    - energy of action bellow 1000 [so shooting with trained skill is good and merchant flinging coin not so much]
    - no spare copies running arround [i think theory was that EG spawns copy on his next action and that accounts for each copy - so more copies less window to duck for stairs].

In reality having tp source [can grind for booze pots to create traps at worst case] - drinking any boost speed pots/wearing speed increase gear [and not being starined! and bloated]- shooting with bow the first one works at high percentage chance.

Train a pet in the undead vault to insane levels and order it to kill the guardian on stairs.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

i was satiated, not encumbered, had drank 2 blessed potions of boost speed, and was firing a bow-arrow with energy point consumption below 1000, still on 5 attempts no luck. as for the pet idea...hmmm, i might go for that the next time...tho, he would have to be trained to insane lvls to defeat the EG, and a greater vault is not at all guaranteed in every game! neways, thanx for yer inputs!

Wait, why not to train the PC himself then? What advantage the pet has? Does it mean that you can get to 50 lvl in an undead vault?
    Last edited by sweetnothing; 07-11-2015 at 08:40 AM.