Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Monsters

I think snakes should be able to see in darkness because of their infrared vision. Drakelings with thermal vision would be neat as I wrote in the races thread.

I didn't read through all of this, but the first couple pages seemed pretty good. All I gotta say is to avoid copyrights =p reminds me of an OotS comic from near its beginning involving Wizards of the Coast...Now i had an idea myself, but i seem to have forgotten it...hmm, it'll come to me later i guess
    Normal - GE Ranger, Human Monk, GE Wizard, Hurthling Beastfighter, Hurthling Farmer
    Ultra - ULE GE Wizard

Lightbulb NOT about my name

how about a breeding moloch they breed like battle bunnies how about there only on one cave level! they are weaker than normal molochs then normal molochs..[discription] a small moloch just larger than a human it has sharp claws that penatrate through armor it is very furry....killing them all on there cave level gives 3 wishes..but there are about 100 of them

Animated sword

A quick-moving sword of solid make that is able to act on its own. It floats in the air as if something was wielding it. Due to its high speed and the durable steel it's difficult to seriously damage it.

I like the sound of inverse breeders and summoners. Imagine you have two inverse breeders as pets and they combine into one big bubba!

Mosquitoes - the major nuisance of jungles and other tropical areas. They are not represented by any letter. The game displays messages like "This area is swarming with bloodthirsty mosquitoes!" and "The hordes of mosquitoes seem unbearable". You would have a chance of catching some kind of a "Jungle fever" every turn.

The illness would reduce your Wi and Pe by 25% and cause hallucinations. You could start seeing imaginary monsters for example.

Giant Mosquitoes - same as the above but they also slowly abuse To.

Chaos Mosquitoes - same as the first and the second but they also corrupt and cause minor damage.

Of course they don't have to be specifically mosquites - an imaginary vermin species would do as well.

Default an all together new idea for monsters

well, i've been checking out the forum for some time now but i just registered today in order to post this...

I don't know how it would work, but instead of having yet another monster with weird powers (wich is very cool) JADE could have one or two monsters that do not properly "attack" you, they might try to knock you down and take you to their secret lair our something like that. They should be rare and it should be a kind of new challenge to the PC to let himself be taken away just to wake up inside the "lair" and wipe it out (not that this should be ans easy task).

Again...it shoud be fairly rare.... rarer than pools maybe, but still, something that happens on its own...and doesn't depend on triggering any event. In other words... it shoudn't be a "quest", just a special achievement.

And yet another thing, maybe the monsters themselves could appear quite often inside the dungeons, but the hard part would be to get it to "want to kidnap you" instead of just trying to kill you. It could be fairly weak so it dies easily before it attempts anything or it could just be picky and not always try to knock you down.

Also you could loose your weapons when you wake up inside the lair, having to brawl for your items back (or just blast everything with fire =P).

Well... it can get creative.... and i don't even know if this is suposed to be in this topic but here it is.

Maybe an option to surrender against intelligent monsters? Either to hope they'll only hold you captive so you can escape, or to let them lead you to their lair before you start using your enormously lethal martial arts to wreak havoc on their camp?
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    Maybe an option to surrender against intelligent monsters? Either to hope they'll only hold you captive so you can escape, or to let them lead you to their lair before you start using your enormously lethal martial arts to wreak havoc on their camp?
    That's a good idea - it just shouldn't be too easy to get away. They might want to publicly execute you, use you to exchange prisoners if you're friends with the neighboring town, or just let you starve. Good towns might let you go after some time, when you've gone through your penalty or just settle for some payment (when they could as well just take it). Escape would require killing or sneaking your way out but the prisons should be built for containment, not for easy escapes. Of course you could get past some nasty traps or something and then start the slaughter, on the way to the jail.

New idea: Grandmaster necromancer. Kill him and he revives after a couple of turns with half his old toughness score. Only way to properly finish him off is to get him down to under 10 To or somehow destroy his corpse in the couple of turns before he regenerates.