Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Monsters

Any other suggestions? and are my descriptions good enough?

I would like to be capable to select "Other" as races and then type in the name of any non-unique

Eldritch Horrors!
    Code:
    Really kick the child? [y/N]

....@.....
    ....t.....
    Yo dawg I heard you like buffalo so I put buffalo in your Buffalo now you can buffalo Buffalo buffalo while your Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo!

Ultras: GE Farmer, Hurthling Thief, Orc Weaponsmith
    Wins: HE Priest, GE Wizard, Human Necromancer, Gnome Elementalist, HE barbarian, Gnome Mindcrafter, Hurthling Paladin, Troll Healer

<<<<<--- Uberjackals (d) --->>>>>

As heroes spend time adventuring in Ancardia, many lesser monsters meet their doom. Jackals are one species like this. However, many forget the power of natural selection: only the toughest survive. As adventurers blindly kill more and more jackals, the ones that are survive are the only ones who are strong or cunning enough to avoid being killed - or able to kill the hunters. The final result is a species so powerful that even the mightiest heroes fear them. Darwin rulez!
    Last edited by Laukku; 05-08-2010 at 02:20 PM.
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

Great!

Also add uberspiders ...

Poltergeist

Poltergeists are a spirit that is virtually incapable of interacting with our world. They have no true physical form in this reality, and are thus immune to weapons, missiles, and spells, but can be destroyed if brought into contact with an immense spiritual force. They feed on dischord and confusion, and often haunt dungeons and towns seeking to wreak havoc against vulnerable minds.

Specific to the game, a poltergeist is:
    -Invisible
    -Teleporting
    -Able to pass through walls
    -Immune to all weapons, missiles, and magic, but can be destroyed by undead turning, or contact with a holy symbol (or equivalent JADE item) or holy water (either thrown or wielded).
    -PCs who bump into a poltergeist automatically change places with them.
    -Poltergeists cannot do physical damage against a PC, but they can confuse and drain stats, and can teleport the PC.
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 05-11-2010 at 06:46 PM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Poltergeist

Poltergeists are a spirit that is virtually incapable of interacting with our world. They have no true physical form in this reality, and are thus immune to weapons, missiles, and spells, but can be destroyed if brought into contact with an immense spiritual force. They feed on dischord and confusion, and often haunt dungeons and towns seeking to wreak havoc against vulnerable minds.

Specific to the game, a poltergeist is:
    -Invisible
    -Teleporting
    -Able to pass through walls
    -Immune to all weapons, missiles, and magic, but can be destroyed by undead turning, or contact with a holy symbol (or equivalent JADE item) or holy water (either thrown or wielded).
    -PCs who bump into a poltergeist automatically change places with them.
    -Poltergeists cannot do physical damage against a PC, but they can confuse and drain stats, and can teleport the PC.
    But maybe not so much the physical stats, i?d think. Wi, Le, Ma should be bad enough.

Default I don't think this has been posted yet

The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

Let's play a game! Read this carefully and then post all the ways you know of in ADOM to defeat this monstrosity.

I'll start: Potion of exchange. Hardcore overpowered rebound Magic Missile. (Rebound damage? Be a level 50 necro. Easy peasy.)
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Unfortunately those won't work...

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    Potion of exchange.
    "They deflect missiles"

Hardcore overpowered rebound Magic Missile. (Rebound damage? Be a level 50 necro. Easy peasy.)
    "When harmful spells are cast on them they gain hitpoints equal to the number of power points put into the spell and the spell rebounds upon the caster thrice."
    Last edited by Laukku; 07-29-2011 at 06:30 PM.