Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The RNG mocks me

For me it took many years to find my first wand of wishing. Afterwards I got a little luckier, so all in all I probably got three or four of them.
    My band: http://messerschmitt-speed.com
    ... for those old school Heavy Metal maniacs among you
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My youtube-profile: http://www.youtube.com/GordonOverkillManiac
    ... with lots of ADOM videos, including several complete successful play-throughs and tutorials for beginners

I have found approximately five wands of wishing ever, which averages to one wand every two years of playing!

Curiously, two of those were dropped by the same monster on the same location (but on different games) - outlaw leader, NDC.
    "And light there be!"

Just in this year I have found at least three glowing wands randomly lying around FGJC cave.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by ghostjghost View Post
    "The Scroll of Omnipotence" Is just another of the many mysteries of the game.

So far as I know no one has found it yet, though some suspect it is the crumpled scroll held by the Emperor Moloch when going for an ultra ending, others suspect it is simply unused coding which will be implemented later, or perhaps a bygone element from a much earlier version of the game.

Then there are those which think it is similar to the frog quest - in that the conditions are some mysterious thing which is almost impossible to find normally and/or activate but that it is in the game.

Personally I think it is a cheat the creator used/uses for testing, probably a scroll which acts like a PoGA, but +99 to all stats instead of +1, probably spawned when a specific name is entered in the name field at character creation, or something similar, but that's just a random notion that's been sitting in my head.
    Or it was mentioned just to start rumors and increase the mythology, without there being any such thing to find...

I think it should be left that way. I think anything the weird tome (when read successfully) or scroll of omnipotence does is best left to the imagination; implementing it would make it seem either boringly overpowered or boringly underwhelming.

Now we know how to measure ancientness of forum members!

"The RNG mocks me" that's the right thread, 'cause I just finished to say that I've got just one ring of Djinny in all my games, well, in the game I was running last night fate gave me FOUR rings(!)..this man manage to win (second victory!), I will post later, with two RoDS still in the backpack...what could wish a man that has everything.?..sure I will never get one again for the next two years..