Thread: Ice Queen Domain and Drakelings

Default Ice Queen Domain and Drakelings

Quick one,

anyone managed to get through the Ice Queen domain with a drakling, without alchemy?

I know your speed would be 10, but (stick with me) it doesn't seem that much sees invis?

Currently have a level 21 mindcrafter who has done the TOEF / cat lord but is only level 21 and finding it pretty tough going in the CoC (need some levels + better weapon, currently uncrowned, thinking about an ultra potentially)

any thoughts appreciated.
    Wins:
    Gnome Assassin / Dwarven Paladin (ULE) / Ratling Duelist (UNE) / High Elf Archer / Gnomish Wizard x ~5 / Gray Elven Wizard (UCG) - Archmage / Gnomish Weaponsmith / Grey Elf Elementalist / Dwarven Priest / Trollish Barbarian / Drakling Farmer / Mist Elf Wizard / Human Beastfighter / Ratling Archer (UNE) / Gnomish Mindcrafter

Classes Left
    Many!

A mindcrafter would perhaps have an extra advantage in the IQD with the confusion attacks.
    However, you still have to get past yetis and it's impossible to do that without alerting at least some of them to your presence, even if invisible.
    I'd save alchemy fireballs on those.
    In the best of circumstances you'll be forced to dispatch ~10 yetis (those you swapped places with) and that's it.
    It's perfectly doable.
    Once you get past the yeti/berserker area, you're good to go, assuming you're invisible all the time.
    On your way back, a few more will trail you too.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

i really dont see what the problem is with drakes in the IQD....1st of all, your speed isnt 10 unless you have killed a lot of monsters (dont!). 2nd, as you said, no1 sees invis...so just be invis and go from 1 map location to the other. after the river crossing (drakes have swimming = yaay), you need to kill the berserker...luckily, he cant see invis as well and he follows you, so lead him away from the mob, and dispatch him. next, swap with the yetis (in the top row say) and lead them 1 by 1 to the next lvl and kill them off. now, you dont need to kill a SINGLE unit from here on out (save for the chaos diplomat / ice queen)...win

Unless you can outrun yetis that you swapped places with, they will follow you around even when you're invisible so you will have to kill them.
    On the good side, 10 monsters isn't enough to trigger environment hostility I think.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

A strong companion should probably make it much easier, although I'm not sure if they need to be cold immune. The chaos diplomat is best killed with a thrown PoCC - that's a one-shot, so crawling speed is no problem (and in fact an advantage for free extra xp).
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

From my experience if you are visible and kill the aggro stuff but try to avoid aggro yetis in the "park" there's no issues.
    Speed goes down to around 50 but the only thing it does is to provide more exp on vs the snow golems at entrance.

However if you try (as I have with non drake) to get corpse from invisible stalkers or clear the park then things get worse and as drake you'll end up at snails pace.
    I believe it's number of YOUR kills that counts and outcome of cold vs fire battle should not affect this, I don't know if killing stuff in cellars affect this, it may ...

Quote Originally Posted by blunk View Post
    From my experience if you are visible and kill the aggro stuff but try to avoid aggro yetis in the "park" there's no issues.
    Speed goes down to around 50 but the only thing it does is to provide more exp on vs the snow golems at entrance.
    oh right so you don't go straight down to 10, thats something i didn't know.

50 speed is more than doable for this guy considering your confuse is so potent.
    Wins:
    Gnome Assassin / Dwarven Paladin (ULE) / Ratling Duelist (UNE) / High Elf Archer / Gnomish Wizard x ~5 / Gray Elven Wizard (UCG) - Archmage / Gnomish Weaponsmith / Grey Elf Elementalist / Dwarven Priest / Trollish Barbarian / Drakling Farmer / Mist Elf Wizard / Human Beastfighter / Ratling Archer (UNE) / Gnomish Mindcrafter

Classes Left
    Many!

Speed down depends on the number of monsters killed, you'll end up at 10 speed after a few Yetis + Ice Golems.

It's otherwise very doable, and the chaos diplomat do not break free from acid spitting (at least in p23), which must make for a very weird death screen on his side...