Thread: Simple death.

Default Simple death.

I haven't had a straight up simple death in a while, normally I have a very silly mistake or maybe a critical hit or a trap or something.

This time my level 13 Human Duelist walks into a random lesser vault thinking he can go into a hallway and kill everything from there, but instead he got surrounded and died.

Normally these deaths aren't worth posting about but really it surprised me, nothing was particularly difficult and he actually took down about half the vault before he died but it was surreal to me that he died from what is barely a mistake and really just a consequence of adventure.

One day I'll get to the ToEF with a duelist.

Doesn't the manual (and the class name itself) explicitly state that they should try to duel at all times? :P

Typical death through overconfidence, it's so recognizable. It usually happens later in the game, though. It really gotta suck to just die to monsters you can easily handle 1v1. Reminds me of the first time I got to the unreal cavern system. It was with a merchant, of all classes, and I ran into a random tension. You know how bad those can get. Imagine my anger and disappointment to get absolutely shredded by the two regular quicklings that were in it as well..