Thread: What happened?

Default What happened?

What happened here? That's why I had to try so many times...but were they created inside? That's weird..

crowd.jpg

I've had one dwarf spawn inside there, but two seems like run-of-the-mill very bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by psy_wombats View Post
    I've had one dwarf spawn inside there, but two seems like run-of-the-mill very bad luck.
    Really bad luck, how many chance there are to be generated in those three free squares?
    When I teleported I thought to have interrupt something, who knows what they were doing....
    I could teleport 'em outside, but I choose to leave them were they are ... I think they are eating each other, are several days at this moment...

it's a secret 3 way

Happened to me as well.
    Wasted 7 charges from a wand of tele and finally decided to use a wand of destruction.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

ok..im late to this party and this is perhaps off-topic, but i think the best way to enter that place (using tp) is to.... try to tp to a square and if you fail, to try to tp to the same square. it is easy to see why this is the case, tho i cant show it maths-wise

Quote Originally Posted by divij View Post
    ok..im late to this party and this is perhaps off-topic, but i think the best way to enter that place (using tp) is to.... try to tp to a square and if you fail, to try to tp to the same square. it is easy to see why this is the case, tho i cant show it maths-wise
    Assuming the mystic has the same chance to move in any of 9 directions (8 standard + no movement), the possibility of him leaving the place he occupies is 33% for any tile in his room (it's symmetrical). Math-wise your way is the worst
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

wow....i have been defeated. the pain...it hurts, but it feels so good
    though, now we know what you shouldnt do, if you tp to the room and you are blocked...so progress has been made. to quote Thomas A. Edison: 'I have not failed. I've just found 10000 ways that won't work'.