Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ADOM R58/R59 is now available

Quote Originally Posted by adom-admin View Post
    Yeah, we fucked up the public release. {snip}
    I've fucked up public releases of software before, and this isn't so bad, in the grand scheme. Did you triple the load on your servers by accident because the DB query that is fast on 1000 records is not quite as speedy with 1,000,000 records?

Just downloaded R59 and gave a quick try, and i'm amazed by all the polishing that took place since the last public version.

The right click on tiles/characters/monsters/items to bring a contextual menu and interact without having to use the keyboard is great, it gives a nicer modern feel to the user interface and will certainly be much more user friendly for people that are new to roguelike or adom.

Is it still possible to play in ascii mode?

In the main menu, go to Settings -> Game settings -> change "Display mode" until it is set to ascii
    Or while ingame press F10 to switch between tile and ascii at any time

Thanks! Cannot be bothered to learn what the new monsters look like in graphics .

http://ancardia.com/secure/download/current points to r58, and there are no torrent links in http://ancardia.com/secure/download/r59/ . Intended?
    ADOM, where the most commonly used letter in the alphabet is the explosive rune. - starfries

I just got the last level of Tomb of the High Kings spawned without the door, with skeletal king walking the piranha lake like some undead Jesus. Is no door sealing him intentional, documented buff or might it be a bug?
    Gate closers: GE Wizard, DE Archer, Ratling Elementalist, Ratling Duelist, GE Merchant, ME Druid, HE Mindcrafter, ME Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
    http://ancardia.com/secure/download/current points to r58, and there are no torrent links in http://ancardia.com/secure/download/r59/ . Intended?
    I forgot to remove "r59" after uploading the public release (which is located in a different directory), so "yes" in both cases.
    There is no non-public version of release 59.
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter Fox View Post
    I just got the last level of Tomb of the High Kings spawned without the door, with skeletal king walking the piranha lake like some undead Jesus. Is no door sealing him intentional, documented buff or might it be a bug?
    Not sure that it's specific to this version. It seems around 50% of the time he's locked away and other times I'll go in to be greeted by skeletal warriors that he's already summoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter Fox View Post
    skeletal king walking the piranha lake like some undead Jesus
    Well, that door is and always was generated trapped and that trap was nearly always activated by skeletal king. In 1.1.1 it was stun rune I believe. At some time change was made and traps [door traps too] no longer have fixed pattern per level.
    So sometimes door has trick door trap on it, which destroys door once set up. If that happens "undead Jesus" is born.

So I think it is unintentional consequence of some changes made to game.