Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Chaos Knight Guide

I'm going out on a limb here and point out that having low dv, dx, and iron gear all make item destruction more likely... strangely enough that just about describes a chaos knight.

Does the game include the corruptions when checking for burdened?
    Ie if you get very light as a weak race will that add another 6 to strength?

Just generated hurtling CK with very light corruption (on firsr try ) and it had 23 base St and 18 modified (another +1 St is from number of corruptions). So apparently yes, it includes corruption modifiers before checking burdened status.

As for item destruction i didn't notice anything out of the order.

How do people not just get overwhelmed by corruption. Do you just need to pay a beautiful race. That's how I did the stupid ending with one but in my last passthrough I had 9 corruptions at level 24 or so. I got raw steel and it gave me another by the time I reached dt. How can someone possibly get the scepter, the rest of the chaos trinity, make it to the bottom and kill Andy who corrupts? Do you just need a huge wand of wishes and blow it all on chaos removal? Is it a matter of getting crowned late? Or am I struggling because I'm trying to do the c- only version?
    Completed: All Races, All Classes. Twice.
    Fastest Run: Dwarf Mindcrafter - 34803 turns. No wand of tele.
    Challenge Games: C- CK (stupid ending), Platinum Girdle x10, Westside Story, Team Teleport - illiterate troll barb, Scroll of Omnipotence obtained
    ULE - DE Archer

I haven't played a pure CK OCG playthrough yet but I imagine to increase the chances of survival you would need to start with the corruption that gives 750 base movement cost and save Khelly for the 6 scrolls. Can't recall if CKs can get the weird tome or give in chaos creature's corpses for PoCC but that would be another source. Maybe magical writing sets, but it could reduce your stats. Another idea would be to try and improve alignment to C (not C-) as C- has a 1.3x corruption rate. Saccing on a neutral altar a few gold at a time would help with that, but it would take a long time (I tried an experimental Paragon of Order Ultra CK awhile back and alignment shifts are painfully slow).

Magical writing sets are big no-no if you're going for Andy. With low Mana stat and no TotRR boost your stats will be drained absurdly fast.
    Most important thing in CK corruption management is - postpone all corrupting tasks that you can past character level 32.
    Same with corruption removal - unless it's very early stiff muscles (or mana battery and crone's quest is not done) then don't remove it. If you get stiff muscles later and you're not yet corrupted enough to enter the gate, leave it be. You can remove it on chaos plane.
    With AotME and no acid blood, i killed Andy using 4 SoCRs and that's a doable amount to have. 1 from HMV, 3 from Bug Temple. 2-4 PoCC from Maze and maybe some more from general loot.
    As for race i dunno. I prefer MEs, but i feel like Ap drops to 1 pretty soon
    PoCC from druid iirc are not accessible. Playing as C instead of C- quite helps if that's not against your roleplay.

Very true - forgot about the big stat drain when writing those scrolls. Reaching Andy with only using 4 SoCR is pretty impressive. Mist Elves would make a cool CK as they likely start with incredible PV due to mithril gear + half melee damage but with such low HP it makes getting resistances imperative or the first lightning vortex you come across will kill you if you can't 1 shot it.