Thread: Where are all the artifacts???

Default Where are all the artifacts???

Hi!

Maybe it´s the new releases or what, but I havent found any artifacts in about year playing, except the ones that are found always. Like ankh and the one found on Keethrax´s body. and so on and so on.

Why???

Well, finding artifacts randomly has always been rare, so it seems you've just been unlucky. There was no release note about any change regarding the frequency of surges of power or anything like that afaik.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Ok, thanks.

Maybe next year will be better

From the crowdfunding goal of having 46 new artifacts, there are only 7 that have been added so far
    http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=1301
    And those 7 you are very likely never going to see them unless you're playing chaos knight or duelist or mist elves, because
    4 of those are chaos knight-exclusive crowning gift
    2 of those are duelist-exclusive crowning gift
    1 is a mist elf exclusive crowning gift.
    Explaining why lot of the playtime will not see any new artifact (as crowning gifts are not guaranteed to be those, you need some luck to get the gift choosen by the randomness).

I hope we'll see more work on that crowdfunded feature in the coming year, more diverse artifacts would only make it more fun to replay the game.

Usually you only find artifacts in Greater Vaults. And sometimes you just don't know what the artifact is. Like I'm not likely to identify every single sword or whatever I come across, so I could easily miss an artifact sword.

I've seen a few surges of power though. Those make artifacts for sure.

Once you get more comfortable with the game, you should try to always get at least 1 precrowning. You should be able to find at least 1 altar before going into the CoC (si + black sickle will make it tricky to get precrowned before exceeding max level to clear pyramid for ankh + mummy wrapping). That's a good way to find random artifacts always.

And in general you should be finding at least 1 greater vault a game, if you survive to late game, which give you a few artifacts. Try exploring the randomly generated high DL dungeons too (R4 and R6)

I wonder if surges of power are more common with certain classes than others (or even certain playstyles), I tend to go for the same races and classes and the same routines. Not seen a surge in over ten years.

Then again, I also just don't play as much as I used to, so it's probably that.

palandus Guest

A blessed scroll of identify will identify everything in your inventory, so do that instead of identifying each item individually. Just dip an uncursed or cursed scroll of Identity in a Holy Potion, and wham you got yourself a blessed version. Its what I do when I accumulate a lot of stuff.