Thread: Some monk questions, and about piety.

Default Some monk questions, and about piety.

Hi everyone!

I was wondering, about monks. I read here once a long time ago it is best to just treat them like a regular fighter and wear armor and weapons and shields.

Now I think that means they are bad at barehanded fighting if you wear heavy armor. And they lose DV if they wear a shield or weapon? And they also lose it if burdened? Do they lose it if satiated?

Do they lose their special powers like faster walking speed if they wear heavy armor?

Kicking walls down. Is there anything special to do, or just keep trying? Sometimes it works, sometimes it just says I practice my Kata like regular.

And, I got pre crowned! First time ever and I got a Preserver for it.

Anyways. Afterwards I went exploring and found an altar that was neutral. I am lawful, so I tried to convert it. I offered 2000 gold but didn't convert it I just made my god mad and he dissolved(?) all my stuff I was wearing, except the Preserver. This also knocked my alignment down to LN.

So I offered more money and got the altar to Lawful. Then I sacrificed like a 1000 gold or so to get in good with my god again and I think I did. Then I sacrificed like over 100 guys on the altar cause it was in a cavernous level and I can't get past "Very close" to my god. I also sacrificed lots of corpses and food, like probably 10 to 15 Large or Iron rations and at least 20 corpses.

Also I can't get better than LN. I offered over 400 gold in 10 gold at a time and haven't moved. Sacrificing all those guys and corpses didn't move me either. Am I stuck? I found a "Lawful Adamantium Dagger" but when I use it it doesn't make my hand itch or anything. Will holding that pull me towards lawful?

I think that's everything.

Thanks everyone!

Monks lose all monk bonuses if they are burdened or worse.
    They lose DV bonus if they wear heavy armor.
    They lose bonus to unarmed fighting if they equip shield.
    Kicking walls works only from lvl13 and higher and i think for undiggable walls message is different.
    Sacrificing on L/C altars doesn't change your piety if it's already L/C, only saccing N altars moves you closer to N=.
    2000 gold is not a safe amount to cause battle between gods.
    Piety level message being stopped at 'very close' after you precrown is a known thing. This happens. It's only message problem, actual piety can be higher.
    'Lawful' prefix on weapon i think adds additional damage against chaotics.

Quote Originally Posted by AlterAsc View Post
    Monks lose all monk bonuses if they are burdened or worse.
    Well, they still keep the speed bonus and the class powers. Being burdened, wearing heavy armor or wearing a shield have the same effects.
    It's explained quite well over here: http://adomguides.blogspot.nl/2008/0...by-molach.html

You have not 1 god, but 3, one for each alignment. When you sacrificed $2000, it was the neutral god that got mad at you and destroyed your inventory. Once you converted the altar, you were dealing with the Lawful god, and he never was angry with you, it seems.

If you want to move your alignment toward L+, saccing doesn't work, as AlterAsc said. You need to do good deeds for that, like wearing an amulet of law for a long time, or feeding lots of food to beggars (any food, even devil's roses will work).
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.