Thread: Royal Guards Wow

Default Royal Guards Wow

They hit real hard. And they are fast.

I just got killed in one turn by one from full health. He hit me three times and one of those was a crit. I had 177 hp and 29PV. And 102 speed.

How tough are these guys? I thought I was kind of a badass, but I guess not. :|

Also, what's the best way to kill them or rob their vault? I found out that kicking does not work.

I'm pretty sure they ignore PV. And they are tough. What level was vault on?

Umm... D:14 or 15 I think. It was just below the Animated Forest.

Still though, I guess I've just never fought one before. I thought I was in good shape for where I was.

I've never really found them worth robbing. When you're strong enough to take them on with ease gold doesn't really matter, plus there's an alignment hit. If you have ball spells or humanoid slaying ammo i think they aren't too bad though, juts be cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasher View Post
    Also, what's the best way to kill them or rob their vault? I found out that kicking does not work.
    I suggest just teleporting them out and picking gold. IIRC, they do not smash doors so afterwards just lock them back at their own now empty vault. [by time all gold is picked up they should have already returned anyway].

Fighting these fuckers is definitely not good proposition.

I just ignore them since gold is so easy to obtain.
    It's just not worth the risk of losing a good character.
    Greed is never good in adom
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Lasher View Post
    They hit real hard. And they are fast.

I just got killed in one turn by one from full health. He hit me three times and one of those was a crit. I had 177 hp and 29PV. And 102 speed.

How tough are these guys? I thought I was kind of a badass, but I guess not. :|

Oh cool, did kicking the gold out get nerfed?
    In what version?

I was in version 59. I think in the future I will only mess with them if I really really need gold or if I'm evil. Cause evil dudes, like Necromancers and Chaos Knights are usually stronger I think.