Thread: Where is Haggar?

Default Where is Haggar?

I got the Slay Haggar quest from the Ice Queen, went to Frost Giant Jarl Caves, but Haggar is nowhere to be found on the sixth level of the dungeon. I even mined all the walls and walked around trying to find him. What gives? Why won't he spawn?

Playing a Dwarven Weaponsmith at the moment, my most successful character so far at level 32, woohoo!
    Last edited by Shankbon; 09-13-2015 at 12:27 PM.

That's strange, usually it's quite hard to miss him, he's standing in the middle of the vault full of giants. Did you try wand/scroll of monster detection?

I had something similar happen to me once. Haggar spawned normally, I engaged him in a fight, then he ran away when his HP went down. I dealt with the rest of the vault... and couldn't find him anymore. Nowhere on the level, monster detection didn't reveal him. I assumed he might have died to something else (to what though? he's pretty damn tough), so I went to the queen only to learn that I still haven't killed him. Of course I didn't manage to finish the quest with this character.
    Gate closers: GE Wizard, DE Archer, Ratling Elementalist, Ratling Duelist, GE Merchant, ME Druid, HE Mindcrafter, ME Monk

Maybe similar to when a pet kills Hotzenplotz but that the game doesn't recognize that he's dead.

Yes, it happens when something else kills him.
    If he was panicking, there was a higher chance to get him to attack a random monster (or be attacked by it) if his path of escape was blocked and thus die due to being on low HP.
    He's actually not that tough, no more than regular frost giant jarls from my experience.
    Severely wounded jarl is quite vulnerable to one-hitters like fireball traps or exploding doors.
    The FGJC cave can spawn nasty stuff from time to time and I have seen many monsters there that would be capable of killing him.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Dang. I guess I'll just have to live with not finishing the Ice Queen quests. I was really hoping for those potions of cure corruption, but I just discovered that reading tracts of order remove corruptions, so I guess I'll be fine.

Thanks for the advice!