Thread: A problem with Orbs

Angry A problem with Orbs

I have a problem. I've reached the Air Temple, but upon leaving it I noticed I only have 1 orb. This is quite unusual, because IIRC monster can't pick up the orbs, and I've never dropped them separately from the rest of my stuff. I've searched the entire CoC, but they're not there. I even checked the entire minotaur maze - lost 6 St and 4 To to do so, but they're not there either, and there's nowhere else that they could reasonably be.
    I had a similar problem with a RoDS and an AoLS - they disappeared from my inventory and I have no memory of them being destroyed. I figured I just got really unlucky with item destruction somewhere and failed to notice.

The only things I can think of is that the Air temple destroys items although you probably know that. As far the orbs go, maybe you dropped them in the ogre cave or darkforge or some other good storage area?

Do you carry a really large inventory? I know that there used to be a few bugs related to having too many items on a single tile (ie. if you dropped all of your gear prior to entering the Air Temple). My impression was that these have all been fixed, though.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Report a bug, with your version / os / svg / etc.

Yeah, I do have a fairly large inventory. I'm still on p23, so it might be that those bugs weren't fixed by that point. I'm going to have a look through the bug list, see if it was patched after. If not, I'll post a bug report. Thanks for the info!

... And while we're on the topic, there isn't any way for me to cheat the two orbs that disappeared back into the game, is there?

Some monsters that can pick items up and then move on, ignoring walls could have done just that.
    A monster dying within a wall means the items carried are lost forever.
    Which ones are missing exactly? I had a similar case when I killed the ASB and it did not drop the orb at all because of dying within a wall.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Well, it's the fire and air orbs. But they can't be picked up by monsters (since p21, IIRC) and if they were, you could mine out the spot where the monster died and get them back.

Annoying. I recently did my first run for an ultra ending (playing a hurthling necromancer). Just as I prepared to enter the gate, I realized I had lost the crown of chaos along the way :P

As always,
    Minotauros