Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lucky nude run through UD.

Default Lucky nude run through UD.

(how's that for a search engine bait )

Normally SMC is a risk reward chicked race and ud dangerous, sometimes providing rivers, ogre magus, vortex and other things that kill us and here I had a very lucky break.

I killed very few mobs in smc and still got 2h sword, shield, cloak and blanket was in room with stairs.
    Ran naked with 2h sword through most of ud without exploring and got out of hmw, only cleaning out ud1 and ud2.
    Stairs from ud2 down to ud8 and up to surface was all very close to eachother.

This with a non candle no healing skill character.

You're clearly outskilled the gamel! BTW was that char a troll?
    Freedom through action!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnothing View Post
    You're clearly outskilled the gamel! BTW was that char a troll?
    Haha, no it was soo much luck.
    It's an orc farmer with the brilliant Book starsign!

Still alive, had some early tete-a-tete with ghosts which still needs fixing (+12 y) but otherwise doing ok.

Had some issue with not-eye maybe because I went back to R59.
    After removing not-eye config-file so it could recreate itself and rebooting all seems fine.

Some weird rng in this game (lvl 21 atm) where I've found less than 5 uncursing scrolls and using leather boots +3+0.
    But otoh found some of the rare items like aols, bloody dagger and gogs (carry capacity through the roof).
    Of course got crowned with whirlwind but it's sort of 2/6 to get a really good crowning artifact as farmer (shirt and skullcrusher).

Good luck wraiths and hill orcs, managed to max out my 30 toughness.
    Not that many potential potions but I haven't dug liches yet.

Had to post this beauty, midgame tends to put a heavy drain on water potions.
    Decided to do low lvl random dungeons when I see them for conveniency stuff and look at this shop

shop.JPG

Edit: that was 12 water 2 booze one xheal one exchange.

And the level below had another, haha.

shop2.JPG
    Last edited by blunk; 09-20-2015 at 12:54 PM.

I've saw a lot of praise for bloody daggers here. Can anyone explain me why are they so good? Base damage is quite awful...
    If I am to choose between, say, Big Punch and bloody dagger, I choose Big Punch probably.

Is it maybe somehow connected with two-weapon combat?
    Freedom through action!

Bloody daggers have a 50% chance to inflict a critical hit, like a slaying weapon, only it's universal.
    For a dagger, the damage dice is actually quite nice.
    With some training and 20 st, you can easily slay things in mid-game with a bloody dagger.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Oh I think I've read 20-30% chance I don't think it's as high as 50... but I'm not sure.
    Before big punch they're awesome.
    With gogs and bigpunch lesser mobs die anyway, vs the really buff mobs I want crits or backstab with big punch, but maybe I calculate wrong.

I'll give it another go here in frost giant caves after beefing it up a bit with melee accuracy/damage (rarely much else to use those scrolls on).
    Oh and I was up to 30 water after the cave with those shops

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnothing View Post
    I've saw a lot of praise for bloody daggers here. Can anyone explain me why are they so good? Base damage is quite awful...
    If I am to choose between, say, Big Punch and bloody dagger, I choose Big Punch probably.

Is it maybe somehow connected with two-weapon combat?
    Killing frost giants and outer part of greater fire vault with str 37 , alternating weapons using cloak of invis I'd say they're fairly equal but big punch spikes higher which I prefer.
    Fire orb and no find weakness skill would maybe tip the scale in bloody dagger's favour.

Edit: maybe also thief/assassin would prefer the bloody dagger thanks to extra backstab modifier.

edit2: inner vault is the one with lots of red wyrms, will see what we can grind....
    Last edited by blunk; 09-20-2015 at 04:07 PM.

Can a greater vault contain "only" one artifact?

Not complaining since I found bracers of war, a RoDS and an acid ball spellbook, double checked area and couldnt find any invis/hidden mobs or such.

Also, maybe I need to reevaluate whirlwind, dragon slaying ammo with it was awesome, and thats with almost no skill in it.

You're lucky, some of them contain only useless heaps of gold
    Freedom through action!