Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Yet Another 'What to Wish For?' Thread

Thanks all for the discussion, I thought about it and decided to go with the RDSMs to maximize chances of surviving the Tower. Did puppy cave, the weak ass spear actually worked to my semi-advantage because I went from level 5 to level 8 in polearms dealing with the ants. Did the DD, found an adamantium spear, made level 12 on the bottom level; Keethrax is still pretty unbeatable since I can't see in darkness or fight off his stat drains. I lost 5 attribute points before I punted and decided to come back later.

Still haven't found a Troll for Thrundrarr's first question, but I have several blessed scrolls of identify anyway.

Graveyard... I'm probably still several levels away from being able to handle that.

So where's the best place to grind up to Pyramid entrance levels? CoC above Dwarftown? UD:8? ID9-15?

If you just want to get levels and you have no advancing content to use, then the ID is a good place, the big room in the PC works as well, and the big room with the herbs in the CoC works as well. Personally, I would find something to do that also advances the game.
    Last edited by Jeremiah; 09-24-2015 at 04:42 AM.
    AKA: Jbc
    1st win no spoiler & no cheating version 1.1.1
    Favorite Race Class Combo: Darkling Farmer

You can always explore the random dungeons. Two or three of them should be safe for you.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by meekrab View Post
    Graveyard... I'm probably still several levels away from being able to handle that.
    If you bless your weapon and wear your RDSM you are more than ready for the graveyard, especially the upper level.

Besides levels you might also find a tasty wight corpse or two. Raising your constitution will improve your character more than gaining levels does.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Hmm, I'm not sure about the wish for red dragon scale mails when you could've gotten a ring of elemental mastery instead - IMO it's easier to find armor with better stats (or intrinsics like mummy wrapping) than it is to find separate sources of elemental immunity and swap between them, and it doesn't look like you have other rings competing for the slot anyway.

Ah well in the end it's not a big deal, it's still a big equipment upgrade for you overall and you should be able to get a win after you make it through mid game

RDSM is the most overrated wish in the book. Was overrated already in 1.1.1, is enormously overrated now with the ice queen and many more chances of getting good items for the ToEF.

It's not a terrible wish in the early game where it can net you ~10 PV and a useful immunity. You'll also get a couple of extra suits that can be sold for huge money to help with an early (pre)crown or picking up some skills for Yergius or something. Fire immunity isn't so important for the ToEF, but it's still the most common element you're likely to encounter in the early game, so extra protection there doesn't hurt. I'd put it slightly ahead of tower eternium shields in terms of wish value, on average. Excellent crystal shields are quite low DL and can turn up quite early in the game, and they're just as good as eternium except for the weight.

Still better than wishing for a skill...
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Eternium tower shields are also hugely overrated as a wish, I wasn't even thinking about them.

Skills are only for when your character doesn't have any weakness and you don't fear death (which is uncommon in the early game) IMO.

I just wished for Find Weakness for my L 30 Gnomish Merchant. Is that so wrong? Andor, here I come!

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    I just wished for Find Weakness for my L 30 Gnomish Merchant. Is that so wrong? Andor, here I come!
    You're level 30 and don't have a slaying weapon?