Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long does winning take you in real time?

Default How long does winning take you in real time?

...Like, one evening? A week? Months? (I mean a winning walkthrough here, not all the time until you finally figure out how to...)

Typically one to four evenings, depending on the game. A little more for ultra attempts.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Usually 20-30 hours for me, but some players seem to regularly get it done in <10. Some of the optional stuff (mino maze, the rift, IQD) add many, many hours and usually result in the lower and final levels of the CoC becoming a boring cakewalk.

About 20 hours of play, I think

The fastest win is probably less then 10 hours.
    Normally probably 20-30, depending on a r/c ofc.

Looking at flg's I'm usually on 25-32 hours my first win was 58 hours (january 2015).
    For me this is roughly translates to 100k turns, skipping bugtemple, minomaze, rift and gremlins.
    In reality it's played during one week or two depending on how long sessions I can cram.

I've seen gate closers with far more and far less.
    Some want to play out the character fully and explore it all and some want the challenge of doing it as fast as possible.

Twenty something hours, including minotaur maze, optional rift, excluding gremlins, bugs and quicklings. The fastest was the GE merchant one (no idea how) taking 20 hours, the longest was DE archer taking 29 hours. The time depends a lot on how long will I take in the maze (had runs when it almost a straight path, had a run when I visited every single level in the maze and some of them twice because it was looping), if I go to the rift (additional dungeon + waiting in library) and how fast, if at all, I can clear both guaranteed greater vaults.
    Gate closers: GE Wizard, DE Archer, Ratling Elementalist, Ratling Duelist, GE Merchant, ME Druid, HE Mindcrafter, ME Monk

Typically between 8 and 16 hours in previous versions, probably between 10 and 20 now that there is the Ice Queen and the maze is worth it. I don't do ultras, though.

According to few last flg 13-14 hours for ultra and ~8 for gate closing.

I probably spend about an hour on scumming activities such as herb gathering or mining for stone giants [to increase St potential]. Although most of decision making is an automated process for me.

My last victory took 63 hrs. I spend a lot of time planning my journeys to make as few trecks across the wilderness as possible to keep the game clock down... and still somehow end up past day 90 or even 180. Not sure how I manage it.