Thread: The quasit equips the hulking armor.

Default The quasit equips the hulking armor.

"The quasit equips the hulking armor."
    I got this message after I left a moloch armor behind because it was too heavy to carry around.
    My character has 65 strength so even with all the other items (I'm a severe case of a pack-rat) I can technically carry it but it puts me at very strained.

This is not posted as RFE or bug because I'm not sure if it's intentional or not but this is quite ridiculous.
    Quasits are described as diminutive, minor demons.
    I don't think it's appropriate they should be able to equip any heavy armors but especially not stuff like 15k stones worth of moloch armor.
    I understand that monster inventory is somewhat rudimentary and besides it's supposedly a nightmare to implement.
    However, having situations like this kind of break the spell for me.

Perhaps a message should appear where a monster that is not strong enough tries to pick up something heavy and fails?
    Certainly the single heaviest item in the game qualifies.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Moloch are described: "There might be a physical being inside the hulking armor, but most who dare to look report only seeing a stifling darkness accompanied by flowing waves of hatred and malevolence."

Maybe you can only see darkness because all Moloch have a quasit or an imp in the foot operating pulleys & levers.
    AKA: Jbc
    1st win no spoiler & no cheating version 1.1.1
    Favorite Race Class Combo: Darkling Farmer

Do you have any objections to hurtlings wearing hulking armor? I mean let's forget weight and just talk about proportions. How likely is it that we'd even find any armor at all in hurtling size? In order for the game to function smoothly, and not get bogged down with too many details, we just have to accept certain impracticality.

If you like just imagine that hulking armor, as well as all magic armor, sizes to fit the wearer, and quasit, even though small, have enchanted demon str.
    AKA: Jbc
    1st win no spoiler & no cheating version 1.1.1
    Favorite Race Class Combo: Darkling Farmer

I once had a character who ended up with a moloch armor lying around in the arena. It was great, because the opponents would equip it, and after that they couldn't move, because the armor was too heavy for them. As an added bonus, they all yielded tons of experience

As always,
    Minotauros

Why is monster inventory more difficult to implement than pc inventory?

TB has previously said that the monster inventory code is a complete mess, and if he wanted it to work that monsters could equip items sensibly, he'd pretty much need to recode it from scratch. AFAIK, he's said that he isn't planning on doing that and real monster inventories will have to wait until ADOM II.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

That's worth keeping in the game just for the comedy implicit in the image of a 1-foot tall quasit inside a massive suit of demonic armour, with a squeaky little voice emerging out of the armour: 'HEY! Let me out of here!'

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    TB has previously said that the monster inventory code is a complete mess, and if he wanted it to work that monsters could equip items sensibly, he'd pretty much need to recode it from scratch. AFAIK, he's said that he isn't planning on doing that and real monster inventories will have to wait until ADOM II.
    Right, I kind of remember hearing this, but I was wondering what the difference between pc and monster inventory was.