Thread: Few questions (back to ADOM after a little break)

Default Few questions (back to ADOM after a little break)

I've come back to ADOM as I tend to do to check out the new changes - absolutely love this game.

Last release I played was ~1.5 years I think and I have a few questions I was hoping to get some help with:
    1) UI - I managed to switch back to the classic UI using Ctrl+N M but it seems that the text gets cut off a lot of the time -is this a known bug? I used to get the (more)... prompt if it would go over 2 lines. I also had a very strange bug whereas I was surrounded with a Mist Elf Chaos Knight in a corner and was well above the mobs, but I wasn't able to do any damage to them - I think it was related to the massive text. I don't recall what :m showed me, but there was no way I wouldn't be able to fight my out at that stage. I inevitably ended up quitting as I would have starved to death.

2) Had an annoyingly funny moment I was curious about. In one of the random dungeons I came across a Royal Vault with 30k in it - I was lvl 12 at the time with no artifacts generated so I decided to try and precrown. After succeeding I saw the standard message of you will be rewarded, etc. Then I had my gift materialize at my feet and it said "Balance chuckles". Thinking that weird I look at my feet and found Soaker the long spear. Do they always chuckle or only when giving you lower tier gifts? If only for lower tier, hilarious implementation

Gods chuckle when give gifts of non-pure metal to Mist Elves.
    Freedom through action!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnothing View Post
    Gods chuckle when give gifts of non-pure metal to Mist Elves.
    Was that RFE'd? I find it stupid frankly, especially considering the crowning original text.

Concerning #1 question: press Ctrl-k several times till you get the original behavior. Currently "remove (more)" fixes broke the original ASCII system a little bit.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

You might have been in the moss(?) room that reduces damage the longer you're in there(?). I forget the specifics of how that room works, but it happened to me once with a beehive.

You maybe want to turn off auto save also, :S (colon capital S) and choose zero.
    A .bak file is still saved when you "save and exit".

It will remove the infamous save lag.

Of course a crash will then have bigger impact.