Thread: Third win and first Ultra! (Avatar of Balance) + Some videos

Default Third win and first Ultra! (Avatar of Balance) + Some videos

Decided to try Ultra after completing two regular wins with Beastfighter and Barbarian. After few failures wanted to try again and stream the attempt live to my friends who were interested in following my adventure via twitch, and it managed to go all the way through!

Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                     Screenshot

################################################################### ############
    #.#..#.#........#...#.   #  # #       .#.#.#....##...#......###...#.....##.##..#
    #....#.........#...##..  #    .##   #  .........#...#..#...##...#.#...#.#......#
    #...##.#..#.....#.#..     # #    .##  # #....#.#..#..#......#........###...#.###
    #...##..........#...#      ##  ..#..=.#  ..#.....#...#...........#...#....#....#
    #...#.##...#......#.  .##.     #..#... # ...#.#.......#.###..........#...#..##.#
    ##...#........#.#....#  #    #..#.##...   .......###........#...#.......#.....##
     ..##.#...###..##...# # #   . ......#..#  ...#......#....#..#...#...#..#..#...##
    ###...##....##..###..#     .  .#.####.. # ....#.........#..#.....#......#....#.#
    #.#..........#..#..#.          #=@#.#.  #...#.###....#................#.#...#..#
    #.....##.#..#.#....#..##.# # . j...#..## .....#....#.#.......#.#.#.#...........#
    #.....#.....##..##..[#  .# #     ...    ....#..#.#...##........##.#....##.#...##
    #.....#.....#..##...##.. #. ##  ### # # ##.##....#...#.....##.#..#.........#..##
    #.#.....#......##.##...... . ..   ### ....##..#..#....##....##.#...#......#....#
    ####....#######..#.#...#.....###..# ......=....##............##...#......#...#.#
    #......#....##..##...#..#..............=#........#.##.##...#......#....##......#
    #.....#..###....#.......#..##.#..#...#..##..#......#......###....#....#.#...#..#
    #........#.....#.........#....#..###.#...#.#...#.##..........###.##.#..##..#.#.#
    #..#...#...#.......#......#..##...#...#...#..#...#......#......#..#............#
    ################################################################################
    Jonniina      St:61  Le:37  Wi:25  Dx:35  To:58  Ch:14  Ap: 4  Ma:43  Pe:21 N=
    DV/PV: 45/81     H:800(1227)   P:0(546)      Exp: 50/29697296  ChAoS  Sp: 429
    Blessed Bloated Berserk

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Background Information
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Jonniina            Race: female Dark Elf     Class: Barbarian
    Eye color: blue           Hair color: white         Complexion: black
    Height: 5'3"              Weight: 92 pounds
    Age: 169 (grown-up, 37 years of unnatural aging added in)
    Star sign: Candle         Birthday: 3/Candle (day 273 of the year)

YOUR HISTORY:
            Your mother was a wise shaman and healer. You didn't know your
     father and his origins seem to be very mysterious.
            As a child you were very active and imitated the hunters and
     warriors of your tribe at all opportunities.
            In your youth you strived very hard to become the best warrior in
     your tribe. You watched, learned and became very strong and nimble.
            As a young adult you more and more separated from the more
     traditional members of your tribe. Your desire to see the outside world
     became overwhelming.
            At the age of 132 you left your tribe.
    Full .flg

Character of choice was Dark Elven Barbarian, because I wanted to melee stuff and to not go with the generic wizard. Also DE adds nice skills to the barbarian skillset like Alertness and Find weakness at the cost of low toughness. The run wasn't really smooth for some parts, and I made a lot of mistakes / suboptimal plays.

Notes:
    - Found a pretty early RODS for AOLS.
    - Got giant boar skull pretty easily, first lured farmer to HMV didnt drop corpse but second who died to random encounter did, got scroll of danger pretty late, other items weren't a problem.
    - Decided to go without healing, which allowed me to get Black Torc as ratling fodder and guaranteed wand of cold for the Tomb. This gave some added difficulty to survival until I managed to hit myself with few regeneration items. Lots of spenseweed was used.
    - Managed to miss the 90d stone circle due to not understanding how it works, thou it might have saved my life since I wasn't sure if I could face Keriax.
    - Failed the first try at minotaur maze to excessive stat drain and had to retreat to raise them back up.
    - Got Greater Moloch punched for 500dmg, which left me 50hp and bleeding.
    - Also got greater titan crit quarreled for ~300dmg, which left me at 6hp. Unluckily this isnt on video since I wasn't streaming while I did Unreal Caves and Blue Dragon Caves.
    - Managed to drain all my wands to 0 charges after picking them up from Sharad-Waador stair stash with mana battery...
    - Ran into isolated Cat Lord room while enjoying quality German beers, which could have been end of the run.
    - Should have done unicorn quest, either eating corrupting corpses and curing the corruptions or done POGA:s. I wasn't sure if I wanted to do the corruption removal since my first corruptions were pretty useful.
    - At one point, turned all my Potions of Cure Corruption to potions of poison with poison hands.
    - Managed to curse my whole inventory after converting back to N after feeding the ratling.

So here are the videos! Highlights of some interesting happenings are on the descriptions. They are taken straight from twitch, so there is a lot of related/unrelated Finnish chatter on background. Hopefully that will be amusing for at least someone watching them.

Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3
    Part 4
    Part 5
    Part 6
    Last edited by Zodi; 10-15-2015 at 01:19 PM.

Crazy! You did very well to win, and do an ultra at that, after all that stuff happening. Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    Crazy! You did very well to win, and do an ultra at that, after all that stuff happening. Congratulations!
    Thanks! Some people watching the stream were suggesting a reset during the play after a few shortcomings, but I decided to go forward with it and in the end persistence paid off!

Was a fun ride, next step maybe OCG which I haven't done yet or another Ultra (should have done ultimate chaos god for Dark Elf!) after the Steam release which I hope will happen soon!