Thread: Seed scumming

Default Seed scumming

So I've been doing research on the forums and the wiki and I can't find any reference to this; most places just say plant seeds are useless but I haven't found them to be so. I sit above Lawenilothehl early game and repeatedly use Survival gathering seeds until I'm overburdened, enter the outlaw settlement, drop enough to be able to move, and then sell them. Rinse and repeat. It's not fast enough to be effective for piety gain but perfectly good for buying more expensive items from the Shopkeeper early game. At strength 15 I make about 1100 gold a run and a run takes about 2-5 minutes. Again not game breaking gold but enough to buy the occasional absurdly-good-way-too-expensive item that shows up in Lawenilothehl with a little bit of time and a lot of button mashing.

So I was wondering A. if anyone else does this and B. if it isn't listed on the wiki as scumming because the reward is too low for the time spent outdoors?

Out of curiosity, how many ingame days (Ctrl-E) does it take you to collect your 1100 gold?

Also, you should probably be selling the seeds to Munxip if you're doing this. The prices in Lawenilothehl are awful.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Edit: strike that 59 and I checked both buy seeds at the same price 1 gold per
    Last edited by Achija; 10-27-2015 at 11:56 PM.

The mileage seems to vary a bit but it's about 20 seeds/1 day at survival 99

Yeah, that's probably the problem. 20 seeds/day means that you end up with 1800 gold at day 90, at which point, you'll start paying heavily in extra corruption. If you're really efficient with your wilderness travel, or get 7lbs early, or both, you might be able to use, say, 60 days on seeds and stay below day 90 for the remainder of the game, but otherwise, there's a good chance you'll be facing extra corruption in the endgame.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

that makes sense I've never made it past level 20 so much of what I do focuses on making the early game more survivable