Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ridiculous luck

Generated monk on December 31, started with potions of booze. Gave them to the Fool and got two invisibility potions)) Barnabas had a scroll of danger and an amulet of life saving in stock. Left them for the time, but stole a very nice shield, bone helmet, cloak and some other amulet. Saved my game outside the shop and didn't touch it for 10 days now. Although I did get a message "stares with great intensity" when I was exactly at the entrance, Barnabas didn't turn hostile))

Quote Originally Posted by Caes View Post
    I did get a message "stares with great intensity" when I was exactly at the entrance, Barnabas didn't turn hostile))
    That doesn't make him hostile, it only means you can no longer steal items while invisible.

It's really frustrating to get this message on your first attempt before you can take anything, so pumping (or getting, then pumping) the Stealth skill beforehand is a good idea.
    "And light there be!"

Thought I'd try some smithing, to make things convenient I rolled a dwarf.
    Previously Smith have been very challenging for me to get through smc/ud because of poor PV, no healing and no range ammo, also no swim can be akward.
    I immediately picked up a cloak +2/+3 in smc and a tower shield.
    The Big dangers was an ogre magus that I dodged after spending a prayer and with the help of Magic missile wand took care of a dangerous early mixed tension room.
    Back on topic, new shield +7/+4 took care of PV issues.
    Dwarf merchant in hmw.
    Bought a cursed +4 to bracer fairly cheap in holeinthewall.
    I got 4 or 5 to increases from lvl up, now at 30 to with bracers.
    After ud, healer quest and pc I'm rolling with a new personal record (at this stage) of 29 PV!
    Thats with a robe +0/+3 as body armour.
    With a dwarf merchant in hmw and L altar on vd1 I have the option of an easy no grind precrown before going to dwarf town.

I think I got True Aim from farming arrow traps for ammunition in IQD corridor. I was getting ready to clear the greater giant vault in FGJC when I noticed it in my inventory, in the midst of like 30 small stacks of random arrows. I found 2 tension rooms of chaos knights too (one in FGJC4, one in ancient dungeon) and each one included an eternium plate mail of life as loot.
    Wins:
    Fated Hurthling Weaponsmith Paragon | Mist Elf Steel Wizard | Gnome Wizard UCG | Dark Elf Beastfighter | Titanium Gnome Bard (w/ L548 giant boar)
    Troll Healer ULE

Quote Originally Posted by zliplus View Post
    I think I got True Aim from farming arrow traps for ammunition in IQD corridor. I was getting ready to clear the greater giant vault in FGJC when I noticed it in my inventory, in the midst of like 30 small stacks of random arrows. I found 2 tension rooms of chaos knights too (one in FGJC4, one in ancient dungeon) and each one included an eternium plate mail of life as loot.
    Now _thats_ pretty damned ridiculous luck. I'm pretty sure I havnt farmed arrows from a trap in forever, but I will do it religiously from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by zliplus View Post
    Had you recently cleared the lesser vault on the level below? Lesser vaults have about a 5% chance of having a random artifact.
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 04-19-2016 at 05:20 AM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Had you recently cleared the lesser vault on the level below? Lesser vaults have about a 5% chance of having a random artifact.
    Negative - I'd only just reached FGJC5 and zapped item/monster detection before reviewing my overall status. I went to FGJC immediately after opening it and there aren't many creatures to kill in IQD - I suppose it could have dropped from the ice/fire war, but it was in the middle of a large number of unIDd arrow stacks and they usually order by generation time.
    Wins:
    Fated Hurthling Weaponsmith Paragon | Mist Elf Steel Wizard | Gnome Wizard UCG | Dark Elf Beastfighter | Titanium Gnome Bard (w/ L548 giant boar)
    Troll Healer ULE

My last winning character found this:

uncursed eternium two-handed sword of devastation (+15, 10d5+27) [-1, +0]

and of course she was beastfighter.

That's the only thing i don't like about Beastfighters - excellent class, but if you find a cool weapon, tough luck. At least monks don't get too penalized for that.
    Last edited by NathanGarro; 04-20-2016 at 06:32 PM. Reason: clarity

I'm playing a beastfighter at the moment. I haven't picked up any weapons that aren't obviously artifacts, I can't stand the heartbreak of finding a weapon like that!