Thread: Do Elementalist spells warrant a small change?

Default Do Elementalist spells warrant a small change?

It seems a little strange that these guys get Lighting Ball but never Lightning Bolt. Also I usually struggle to keep up with castings as I gain levels, and by the time I've gained decent efficiency in a spell I've pretty much run out of castings.

Any thoughts on:

- Adding Lightning Bolt to their spell list?
    - Granting them more castings on level up?
    - Giving them a class power that lets them gain most castings? (Maybe by draining mana stat, like Necromancy?)

(Also they never get the Acid spells, but that seems very deliberate and probably not something to change.)

Random idea thrown out there: REDUCE the number of castings when acquiring the spell drastically,but each time you slay a monster it adds castings to a random spell.

Another idea: they have gemology, right? Maybe add more crystals (like lightning crystal) to the game and they can absorb them to add castings to a pertinent spell.

Are you casting all the time? I've never had trouble with castings for elementalists except in the very early game... but I do a lot of melee combat with my casters in general.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quite a lot. I'd like to cast more than I'm able to.

I mean I *can* beat the game fairly consistently with any class if I'm very careful, grind a bit, train up weapon and missile ranks and so on. But I feel that Elementalists should be the best nuking class, but aren't because of # of cast limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by shockeroo View Post
    But I feel that Elementalists should be the best nuking class, but aren't because of # of cast limitations.
    They can read spellbooks in the latest version, can't they?

In general that just a tradeoff guaranteed spells for founding less spellbooks. It seems fair to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    They can read spellbooks in the latest version, can't they?

In general that just a tradeoff guaranteed spells for founding less spellbooks. It seems fair to me.
    I've only played them a little recently - more much longer ago. Has anything changed in recent versions? I recall finding very, very few spellbooks, and also Elementalists being really quite bad at reading them.

Quote Originally Posted by shockeroo View Post
    I recall finding very, very few spellbooks, and also Elementalists being really quite bad at reading them.
    Finding part hasn't changed. I think elementalists have no bonuses to book finding so they find same amount as monks or beastfighters.
    The book reading and Literacy changed quite drastically. I think Le and literacy has a greater effect than a class now. Healers can't reliably read a spellbook of fireball while being lv1 and elementalists are not penalized that badly.