Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has the ADOM community fallen out of the habit of using spoiler tags?

Default Has the ADOM community fallen out of the habit of using spoiler tags?

We used to use spoiler space, but on a forum we have the spoiler tags. However, it has become accepted behaviour to not take this courtesy, perhaps because the community is much smaller on here than it was on usenet and we assume we're in the company of mutually spoiled/knowledgable players? I'm no less guilty of it myself, but I think it's a concern worthy of raising, particularly as some people are now migrating over here from the steam community pages. It might be worthwhile reinstating this practice. Maybe also divide between spoiler and non-spoiler subforums to save us that labour?

You make a good point, however I have no idea how to do that as I am new to forums in general.

Part of the problem is that spoiler tags were introduced long, long after this forum was set up, so it was never an established practice. I've basically never seen them used except in situations where someone explicitly says they are new to the game and looking for non-spoily advice.

@Blank4u47, you can use the following:
    [ spoiler ] spoily stuff here [ /spoiler ]
    without the spaces, to create this
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Thank you! Let me try it now;

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    Thank you! Let me try it now;
    Let me try...

Quote Originally Posted by auricbond View Post
    Let me try...

Wow! Meta-spoilers!
    Freedom through action!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnothing View Post
    Wow! Meta-spoilers!

[spoiler]Don't believe everything you see[/spoiler]
    "And light there be!"

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Part of the problem is that spoiler tags were introduced long, long after this forum was set up, so it was never an established practice.
    This, we haven't fallen out of the habit, cause there was no habit at the first place. Prior to adom.de, community mostly used HoF forums, in there we had two subforums the spoily one and one without spoilers.

I guess people used spoiler space in rgra, but there is very little if any continuation between rgra and current forum users.

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    This, we haven't fallen out of the habit, cause there was no habit at the first place. Prior to adom.de, community mostly used HoF forums, in there we had two subforums the spoily one and one without spoilers.

I guess people used spoiler space in rgra, but there is very little if any continuation between rgra and current forum users.
    Yeah, I meant to say fallen out of the habit of obscuring spoilers. As for continuation, I did assume we were mostly of the old guard given the experience level of the players here. Guess not! I forget how old ADOM is sometimes.