Quote Originally Posted by paivi View Post
Most people? In 20 years I've never yet met anyone who has played ADOM for more than a few hours and who's been avoiding spoilers. On the contrary, players seem to actively seek spoilers out.
I don't believe you've actually researched that, but I don't think your point being true contradicts mine. Nearly everyone spoils themselves, but we don't do it all at once, reading everything top-to-bottom (at least, I didn't). Spoiler tags. with a forewarning of what the subject matter is, allows one to spoil things at a pace that suits them on the areas they're having trouble with.

I think only after having their balls busted by the game constantly, or when it dawns on them that they'll never see the end of the game otherwise, that they might go "tell me EVERYTHING, damnit". And even then, sometimes not, or there wouldn't be steam reviews saying "I have played the game over a decade and still haven't beaten it". I suspect they achieve that either by spoiler customs being observed, or by swearing off all social interaction with ADOM fans.

You're right that a spoiler-free subforum would be a lot less active, because as I already said, it's not a question of wanting to be completely unspoiled for most people, but getting to decide which things to spoil when.