Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Avenging Spirits...

Quote Originally Posted by Vsdgkk View Post
    Another question is, is there a quicker way to reroll my star sign than quitting once in game. Find that so annoying.
    Quick second note, I believe that manually choosing your star sign is a feature that's still in the running to be implemented in at least the Steam (Deluxe) version of ADOM.
    You constantly practice. You feel exhausted!

Another question is, is there a quicker way to reroll my star sign than quitting once in game. Find that so annoying.
    I'm using macro key that goes through necessary key presses to create and quit character. It takes a bit less than half a second to be back in star sign window after one press. I have keyboard with macro keys but I think there is softwares that enables you to make macro keys with normal keyboard. Thou it would be so much easier to just be able to choose the sign.

Autohotkey is something I use at work for keyboard macros. It's free and pretty straightforward to set up. Worth a look if you are after a quick way of re-rolling.

Ok so I just purchased the Steam version, and these avenging spirits are completely ridiculous. I like the idea of previous characters coming back to haunt you but making them this strong is just a random death sentence. If there's any part of the game that needs to be more challenging, it's definately not the early game.

i have seen few of them but they are nor so strong ?? but they drop part of old caracter gear that is funny. got elven chainmail this way.

PS. this is not anyting new it was in old adom too but litle harder to notice it is special one, needed to look at it to notice it have a name.

Quote Originally Posted by mjz15 View Post
    Ok so I just purchased the Steam version, and these avenging spirits are completely ridiculous. I like the idea of previous characters coming back to haunt you but making them this strong is just a random death sentence. If there's any part of the game that needs to be more challenging, it's definately not the early game.
    I second this. Bought the Steam version to reminisce and support the Creator for so many hours of entertainment in my early days... but I'm thinking of getting a refund. 3 of the 4 chars that I just rolled in my first session got killed by those massively overleveled spirits. Was this feature even tested before implementation? This is not the ADoM I remember. And I thought the Steam version would actually be an effort to make the game MORE accessible...

@Soirana how exactly do you edit the config file in the Steam version?

Go to your adom_steam folder and edit adom.cfg with any text editor. Scroll to the bottom and add "Ghosts_Deactivated = true".

Quote Originally Posted by zliplus View Post
    Go to your adom_steam folder and edit adom.cfg with any text editor. Scroll to the bottom and add "Ghosts_Deactivated = true".
    Ah, this works, thx! I'd rather much be killed by pits full of vipers or surprise paralysis attacks by dark elven princesses!

Ye ok. So these things are retarded. I used a troll monk to clear out all my gnome monk Avenging Spirits of the "easy" dungeons (Puppy,Village and Druid dungeons) no worries. Get to caverns of chaos for the first time since i bought so not a chance in hell i had a ghost there. Yet an avenging spirit appeared and killed me in 4 hits. Only got it to half.
    They've since been nerfed a bit and their encounter chance in the early-game dungeons has been dropped.
    The ghosts are actually passed across Steam saves, so what you ran into was probably the ghost of someone on your Friends list who died there.
    You can currently deactivate them as per the above posts but some of us are petitioning for an in-game option to turn them off, on, and also on for the local account only (no crowd ghosts).
    You constantly practice. You feel exhausted!