Thread: A few spoily questions regarding stat gains from elite corpses (SPOILERS)

Default A few spoily questions regarding stat gains from elite corpses (SPOILERS)

I'm currently playing a very very promising mist elf thief (Lost ~5 of them at around lvl 13-15 to stupid mistakes - a learning process), with a great chance to get an ultra. I'm currently lvl 35, saved khelly, and finished the chaotic quests (I'm back to N- now) for circle access and amulet.

I currently have one corruption, and am considering killing the white unicorn and getting the PoGA, or leaving the white unicorn alive and eating all the Chaos corpses (Keriax when I get him, ACW, snake from beyond, Archmage, etc). My question is, are the stat gains from those corpses always given no matter the current stat number (i.e. more than 25) or potentials?

I've got some really great stats this game - I've found ~10 PoGA so far from loot, as well as recently pick pocketng 2 more... the lvl 32 power is unbelievable - over the past few levels I pick pocketed 3 PoGA, ~4 Potions of x attribute, ~7 Potions of potential attribute, 1 RoDS, 1 PoCC, and assorted other goodies.
    I also found the "si" statue which granted me +10 wisdom - thanks for whoever submitted that one!

I'm thinking it best to kill the white unicorn and be done with it, but I remember eating Keriax back in 1.1.1 and it was pretty good

Whenever my chars ate ACW the bonuses were absolutely pitiful, something like couple of points of St. Didn't register if their St was above 25 at that point.

PS Am I the only one who finds current obsession with spoiler tags and warnings unhealthy?
    Last edited by yhal003; 11-22-2015 at 07:47 AM.

From what I remember, most boss corpses respect attribute potentials now (ie, they will not increase past potential). There are a few notable exceptions. I think the wiki usually calls out if a corpse is the exception.

Ok, i guess I'll go with PoGA reward then.

Just cleared a few more levels and in the process of clearing a Giant GV - since posting I've pick pocketed ~4 more attribute potions, AoLS, RoDS, ~6 scrolls of protection/defense, and a (6) writing set. I have been pick pocketing everyone I can to see the effects of this ability. Very powerful... I hope to report back BoW or Preserver soon

Quote Originally Posted by yhal003 View Post
    Whenever my chars ate ACW the bonuses were absolutely pitiful, something like couple of points of St. Didn't register if their St was above 25 at that point.

PS Am I the only one who finds current obsession with spoiler tags and warnings unhealthy?
    With experience of the games I've played in 1.2 --> 1.59 ACW requires potential for strength gain, even then a strength of 25+ have a fair chance of zero increase.