Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Late Game, 7 wishes available - what should I do?

Default Late Game, 7 wishes available - what should I do?

I have a level 41 Grey Elven Druid, all the orbs. I'm sitting around with 7 wishes - 5 charges on a WoW, and 1 Ring of DS.
    I'm already a champion and save Kel, so no ultra.

Should I just win in a cakewalk, or try for a few achievements before closing the gate.

I have Ring of Immunity, master cat, whirlwind, cloak of oman, skullcrusher, ankh and mummy, torc, no ball spells.

If I YASD, I would be shamed greatly. Greed? It's day 94, 74K turns.

I dunno. Basically you should just win if that what you want to do. With your item list I'm sure you could easily do it without wishes.

Something that I probably should do when I'm in situations such as yours, at least in terms of raw advantage, is kill the white unicorn and just wish for chaos removal... but I don't. Uh, lets see, using the item list of just your artifacts I would fill the other slots if you don't already have them: GoGS, SLB, eternium tower shields, bracers of resistance/regen, everburning torches (this is my personal favorite 'worthless' wish), then the rest on PoGAs?

Or skills. Always forget I can wish for those. Your pretty high level so I dunno if you want any. Or weapon marks (although I dunno about the effectiveness of the wish).

Or something interesting: wish for a wand of poison (or just use one that you have), use all your wishes for the most effective recharge wand method (potions of mana? boost mana? scrolls of recharge? - I never remember) and then use all other recharge methods you have. Then try to beat D50 just using that.
    Completed: All Races, All Classes. Twice.
    Fastest Run: Dwarf Mindcrafter - 34803 turns. No wand of tele.
    Challenge Games: C- CK (stupid ending), Platinum Girdle x10, Westside Story, Team Teleport - illiterate troll barb, Scroll of Omnipotence obtained
    ULE - DE Archer

1) find weakeness
    2) GOGS
    3) Ball spell books
    4) bracers of regen (smith them up)
    5) SLB
    6) scrolls of education or other spells required.
    7) emperor moloch (get yourself some XP)
    Wins:
    Gnome Assassin / Dwarven Paladin (ULE) / Ratling Duelist (UNE) / High Elf Archer / Gnomish Wizard x ~5 / Gray Elven Wizard (UCG) - Archmage / Gnomish Weaponsmith / Grey Elf Elementalist / Dwarven Priest / Trollish Barbarian / Drakling Farmer / Mist Elf Wizard / Human Beastfighter / Ratling Archer (UNE) / Gnomish Mindcrafter

Classes Left
    Many!

the other thing you could do is get the TOTRR, yeah it is hard but it is kinda cool to just blend through L50
    Wins:
    Gnome Assassin / Dwarven Paladin (ULE) / Ratling Duelist (UNE) / High Elf Archer / Gnomish Wizard x ~5 / Gray Elven Wizard (UCG) - Archmage / Gnomish Weaponsmith / Grey Elf Elementalist / Dwarven Priest / Trollish Barbarian / Drakling Farmer / Mist Elf Wizard / Human Beastfighter / Ratling Archer (UNE) / Gnomish Mindcrafter

Classes Left
    Many!

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    I have a level 41 Grey Elven Druid, all the orbs. I'm sitting around with 7 wishes - 5 charges on a WoW, and 1 Ring of DS.
    I'm already a champion and save Kel, so no ultra.

Should I just win in a cakewalk, or try for a few achievements before closing the gate.

I have Ring of Immunity, master cat, whirlwind, cloak of oman, skullcrusher, ankh and mummy, torc, no ball spells.

If I YASD, I would be shamed greatly. Greed? It's day 94, 74K turns.
    Rain of sorrows is a good wish at this point. There is a very good chance you will never see a ball spell as a druid, so if you want one, this is a way to get it. If you want to have a little fun, you would wish for a bunch of stuff to pump up your Willpower (2-3 wishes into potions of boost willpower should give you tonnes) so that you can clear D:50 with 99 Wi ball spells. Kind of a waste, but hilarious.

I'm assuming you have a wand of destruction for D:50 if that's your intended method of completion?

I'm also assuming that you have lots of corruption removal? Doing chaotic method of unicorn quest is not a terrible idea, though be sure to wear your blessed amulet of balance as there's a decent chance it will crush your alignment otherwise.

It doesn't sound like there's much you need. You can certainly clear D:50 without probably using any of those wishes.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Achievements! Get plutonium man, do the black unicorn quest, dive to id l100, kill filk, get the twins, get the weird tome.

Speed x7 and report results.

I am actually serious cause I killed AD with 900+ speed which resulted in unlocking all scoring achievements in the game which was otherwise unremarkable. So it looks like some sort overflow in xp handling. Someone testing it would be just great.

Scrolls of defense (or writing sets for said scrolls) then wear moloch armor. Enjoy!

I suggest wishing for a AoLS and then for death. It would be very interesting to see what will happen ;-)
    Freedom through action!

Not a lie, in my last game-that-went-anywhere (currently a lv50 merchant that I'll probably never finish the game with) I spent my 1 charge WoW on cute dog and raider lord.