Thread: Piety decay changes? - Change or bug?

Default Piety decay changes? - Change or bug?

Have there been any changes to piety decay since the resurrection? I've looked through the changelog and can't find anything on it. I decided to break a personal rule and get a 2nd precrown tonight since I had an altar right next to the big room - it took what seemed like an abnormally long time even for a 2nd precrown to get to 'favors', then I finally got to 'favors you greatly' but my piety keeps slipping back down to 'favors' before I can sacrifice enough creatures to get to 'extremely close'. In fact I struggle to keep up with 'favors greatly' with very regular sacrifices!

There have been changes. I don't know exactly what they are since I don't keep up with updates so much. Basically 2nd pre-crownings are really quite difficult. I think they can be done with live-sacs but it's just not worth it as you have discovered.
    Completed: All Races, All Classes. Twice.
    Fastest Run: Dwarf Mindcrafter - 34803 turns. No wand of tele.
    Challenge Games: C- CK (stupid ending), Platinum Girdle x10, Westside Story, Team Teleport - illiterate troll barb, Scroll of Omnipotence obtained
    ULE - DE Archer

I'm pretty sure this is the bug that messes with piety display after one pre-crowning. It's never been fixed.

Nah, this isn't display; my piety is definitely decaying super-fast. I'm going up to 'favors greatly' then down to 'favors' in just a few turns, and praying at the altar does nothing.

Looks like some kind of change, kinda annoyed I couldn't find this on the changelog as I spent over an hour saccing monsters last night! Thanks Tyrnyx!

After the first pre-crown the piety messages don't appear to have any sensible correlation to whether or not you can pre-crown again. I can only ever manage pre-crown #2 by guessing when to pray. Sometimes it works at very close, sometimes it doesn't work at favours.

Hm, I'm not convinced - I've sacrificed a @#$%load of monsters... and I used to do double-precrowns somewhat regularly a few years ago.