Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think adom don't like me

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    Hell, an L+ champion of order comes to the grand finale on D:50, ready for the mighty battle between good and evil, forces of darkness versus light.
    He finds a tension room of 50 white unicorns and is like: "Oh yeah, finally some support in the struggle, now the law shall triumph."
    Then to his great surprise, he gets attacked by that rampaging horde of teleporting LAWFUL white unicorns because... because RNG.
    Let's ignore all those ultra chaotic, evil balors and chaos servants and lets go for the champion of our mutual deity and make life as fucking miserable for him as humanly possible.
    True story.
    Haha that really cracked me up - I had a similar situation happen in the scintilatting cave with my first legitimate ultra win (L+ Drakeling Palading). I saw a gang of white unicorns and thought "Great! I can get them to attack the emperor" but saw rage in their eyes as they ran towards me. I can't imagine what a pain it would be to see them on D:50 with nowhere to run to. Did you manage to get the gate and jump inside?

Quote Originally Posted by Booster View Post
    Haha that really cracked me up - I had a similar situation happen in the scintilatting cave with my first legitimate ultra win (L+ Drakeling Palading). I saw a gang of white unicorns and thought "Great! I can get them to attack the emperor" but saw rage in their eyes as they ran towards me. I can't imagine what a pain it would be to see them on D:50 with nowhere to run to. Did you manage to get the gate and jump inside?
    Yeah, I even killed the balors first but it was a nightmare. I was unfortunate in that I opened the room with unicorns and they all started teleporting (except maybe 5 which didn't notice me after I closed the door).
    I'm a packrat so I used up 4 or so scrolls of familiar summoning and ordered the pets to kill some unicorns but it's not as simple as it sounds...
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by poliphile View Post
    Actually attempting ultra ending i'm facing really sad situation , my first char got fallen champion on the road to get the ToTRR , the second one , got paralyzed to death by Andor drakon , and this time i'me thinking "i'm ready , i'm , i can manage any situation" , till i came across this White unicorn who attacked me on D:48 , tfw already N- , got CN , become fallen champion , my ToTRR , my crown of chaos and medal of chaos are now useless , i think this was my last attempt for ultra >.>
    I've heard about that on fb ! White Unicorns are a pain in the ass, but they rarely TP right after you did, so you can avoid them easily (I've ran away from my share of WU tension rooms). Only the killing blow is chaotic too, so you can drop them low and have a companion/trap/other monster finish them.
    You can also just blind them, paralyse them or stun them and run away.

Lawful monsters probably shouldn't be generated at all in tension or threat rooms for lawful PCs. There is no challenge in dealing with a horde of angry white unicorns as a L+ champion, other than seeing how quickly you can run away or abuse the rules of the game to kill them without killing them.
    "And light there be!"

Quote Originally Posted by anon123 View Post
    Lawful monsters probably shouldn't be generated at all in tension or threat rooms for lawful PCs. There is no challenge in dealing with a horde of angry white unicorns as a L+ champion, other than seeing how quickly you can run away or abuse the rules of the game to kill them without killing them.
    What would the platinum girdle be without 30 hostile blink dogs, though?

Quote Originally Posted by hapro View Post
    What would the platinum girdle be without 30 hostile blink dogs, though?
    Slightly less useless
    "And light there be!"