Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: mino maze bug?

Default mino maze bug?

last night i cleared the maze, got to the final level killed the minotaur mages, then the emperor.. all good except that he did not drop a random artifact, only his axe a spellbook and the potions..

so i pick up everything eat the corpse, get to the surface and get ready to drink the PoGAs until i realise the PoGAs are missing..

i am absolutelly sure he dropped the potions so i get back to the last level of the maze and start killing innocent bypassers in case i accidentally did not pick them up but nothing..

so the questions are, why didnt he drop a random artifact, where are the PoGAs?

fyi i am playing the steam version of ADOM

I've gotten to the emperor twice on steam version, once in r62/63 and once in r63. r62/63 dropped 3 potions of strength, 1 potion of gain attributes, and a random artifact. r63 dropped potions but no artifact.

I saw a similar thread on the steam forums, so I think that either the artifact was removed in r63 or there is a chance of him dropping it. Should be easy enough to figure out in exploration mode if you save/load before killing him a few times to see what he drops.

that should be interesting, i will when i get the time

That thread ended up with TB modifying the rewards - changes without a detailed log.

[RANT] This is what I hate about the continued development - the creator changes something but doesn't include the details for no good reason.
    Instead I have to specifically cheat my way to the area affected and find out on my own.
    I'm past exploring adom and discovering new things; I expect a stable game that I know well so I can focus on messing around when I know exactly what, where and when.
    If new content is added, it should be scrupulously described in the log.[/RANT]
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

just another example of experienced players thinking the game is "too easy" and unneeded modifications being made.
    Wins:
    Gnome Assassin / Dwarven Paladin (ULE) / Ratling Duelist (UNE) / High Elf Archer / Gnomish Wizard x ~5 / Gray Elven Wizard (UCG) - Archmage / Gnomish Weaponsmith / Grey Elf Elementalist / Dwarven Priest / Trollish Barbarian / Drakling Farmer / Mist Elf Wizard / Human Beastfighter / Ratling Archer (UNE) / Gnomish Mindcrafter

Classes Left
    Many!

I did mino maze 2 days ago and got 1 potion of strength, 1 PoGA and Silver Key

i dont understand the rant about the maze, i see it like another dungeon in the game..
    i enter the maze in every single game, it can be done fairly quick even without scrollls of magic mapping and tbh i never use more than one or two scrolls..

i dont mind the PoGAs or the random artifact missing, the corpse alone is great reward..

IMHO the PoGAs were too much, the emperor used to drop about 6 potions, that meant that strength, toughness and perception was increased by 12 and willpower reduced by 2 (assuming someone eats his corpse too) so the willpower loss was minimal, i think its better balanced now..

it's even better if the potion drops are random

I think artifact should be a guarantee, but potions should be kept as they are (maybe have him drop 2 spellbooks instead of 3 - I can't recall if they are guarantee now). I enjoy doing the Mino Maze provided I have a few scroll of magic mapping to immediately eliminate the dead-end levels, but the maze itself is still a challenge. Traps can destroy your gear even with 100 in detect traps pretty easily I found - I was triggering a number of them by manually exploring and lost a great pair of bracers of regen last game I played and a few lesser items.

Maybe you get better potions if you don't get an artifact. I just got 3 PoGA and 1 +str and no artifact this time. Last time I got artifact and like 1 or 2 potions of +stat.
    Last edited by hapro; 12-03-2015 at 10:52 AM.

While im still on r59 I think it's a good change.