Thread: Mighty Mist elf priest " When luck runs out"

Default Mighty Mist elf priest " When luck runs out"

i start by clearing corrupted druid and finding killed puppy.
    then i head in small cave to get in mountain town when it still possible.
    in end of small cave i found wery large potion shop what changed this fragile priest to migty hero.
    cursed potion of water and uncursed potion on exchange.....

litle later my old mana 28 is gone and i found it replaced my 8stamina what 20hp---->80hp 110pp--->80pp
    strenght and dex all got good stats bad ones ending in appearance and carisma. after all not bad trade.

and next big thing happened in early CoC i ended up whit unidentified iron amulet cursed iron but i still decided to keep it.
    few levels later i read identify scroll and noticed that is amulet of life saving.

at this point i got all what i need to survive long in this game.
    decent weapons and armors mostly adamantium, bow of accuracy, amulet of life saving good lits of spels (petrification, death ray, heal).

so now i think do i go to graveyard or first look under forest. i decided to go take a look behind forest and get gladius quest line done, already got lucky easy troll in first part done.

first i go in forest and use few magic mapping what i had but didint take a look where is exsit so i decided to try dwarven hall if i get luckier there.

first few room in DH goes smoothly some elven lords and bad ass giants but whit good spellbook what i had i survive easily. i ended up nearly exsploring hole flore whitout finding exsit. last T turn and exsit have to be there so i blindly pick one and go there but it was dead end. So only one possibility to go but when i turned around i noticed this dragon standin in door and it was not a baby one it was ancient black dragon...

Dude what you are dooing in my room... splat!.....

afterthoughts:
    well i know i can find bad things in DH but ancien black dragon dude give me a brake.
    next time i take a forest even pain in the ass it is and whit my luck i get stuck there like so meny times before.

I have learned that if you don't find the downstairs in under 30 turns, take the forest.

A point to consider is obtaining elemental resistances - that can easily mean difference between life and death when faced by a vortex or a dragon. Finally, the MMscrolls are actually to be used in DH (in compbination with monster detection and, if possible, teleportation), not in the forest - you should know in advance where the forest exit is. Also, they should be blessed.

I rarely go into the DH without the following:
    1) teleport control + method of teleporting
    2) wand/scroll of monster detection

I've lost a few promising characters there over the years, but it is worth checking adjacent rooms (not separated by a long hallway) to see if it's a quicker way down than the forest.

DH is demonized a bit too much.
    Typically it has to be done fast without tarrying, the initial spawns are usually low DL and if you don't kill stuff, you will most of the time reach the staircase unopposed.
    DH2 is a bit more risky but by this moment, I can't believe a PC has not found any scrolls of magic mapping.
    They help the most, followed by wands of digging to make a straight route.
    Wands of tele are nice but run the risk of landing next to something nasty, unless of course you went the careful way and detected monsters first.
    I don't have any clear memory of dying in DH recently and I always go through DH instead of the forest.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

I died on DH1 this week, for the first time in ages. Stumble onto a teleport trap, appear in a room with a quickling king and fire giant. Flee into a corridor, fight uselessly, pray, get desperate, use my wand of ball lightning. Perfect shot! No more fire giant. But that pesky quickling king is peppering me with tiny quarrels.

Retreat down hallway, cowering behind my shield. Who's coming from the other direction? A baby black dragon! Bad news? No - he blasts me with acid for minor damage and kills the king! I happily slay the dragon, collect the dough, and enter the next room...to find ANOTHER quickling king! Used wands of stunning and paralyzation to no effect, and then I never really had a chance.

Good times

Last weekend lost promising wizard to DH. Was invisible and thought it would be enough to evade random high level monster. Opened a door and got blasted to death by ancient blue dragon in one turn.

I still think DH beats the forest. Unless DH2 stairs are totally opposite side of the map and I have no means of invisibility/monster detection/controlled teleport.

Quote Originally Posted by jtadom View Post
    I died on DH1 this week, for the first time in ages. Stumble onto a teleport trap, appear in a room with a quickling king and fire giant. Flee into a corridor, fight uselessly, pray, get desperate, use my wand of ball lightning. Perfect shot! No more fire giant. But that pesky quickling king is peppering me with tiny quarrels.

Retreat down hallway, cowering behind my shield. Who's coming from the other direction? A baby black dragon! Bad news? No - he blasts me with acid for minor damage and kills the king! I happily slay the dragon, collect the dough, and enter the next room...to find ANOTHER quickling king! Used wands of stunning and paralyzation to no effect, and then I never really had a chance.

Good times
    High level quicklings are probably the single worst thing you can encounter in DH. If you don't have on demand teleport, you're probably dead. Pretty much anything else you can handle with sufficient speed/care/invis.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.