Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scroll of ITEM creation

Default Scroll of ITEM creation

Please do not confuse it with the scroll of treasure creation. Anyway, I was wondering whether anyone has info about it. I don't remember having one or paying attention to it. I plan to bless it and probably use it in the DH.

No info on the wiki btw.

I think it just creates any possible random item on your current DL, as if a monster dropped it

Typically underwhelming... just forewarning you.
    Completed: All Races, All Classes. Twice.
    Fastest Run: Dwarf Mindcrafter - 34803 turns. No wand of tele.
    Challenge Games: C- CK (stupid ending), Platinum Girdle x10, Westside Story, Team Teleport - illiterate troll barb, Scroll of Omnipotence obtained
    ULE - DE Archer

Yep. I typically get food from it. Or leather caps. Once very long ago I got a spellbook though! But I get far far better results from book casting item creation than from the scrolls, one of the best benefits from a necromancers shadow touch ability.

Quote Originally Posted by hapro View Post
    I think it just creates any possible random item on your current DL, as if a monster dropped it
    Indeed. B/U/C status of the scroll determines B/U/C status of the new item and nothing else. Unlike the Create Item spell, it can generate artifacts, but chances of that are naturally very slim.
    "And light there be!"

Quote Originally Posted by anon123 View Post
    Indeed. B/U/C status of the scroll determines B/U/C status of the new item and nothing else. Unlike the Create Item spell, it can generate artifacts, but chances of that are naturally very slim.
    Holy cow? This ALREADY sounds like fun, thanks for the tip.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlterAsc View Post
    Lifespan that allows not you cower in fear and equip 'ring of hide me', 'wand of get away from me' and 'arrows of please don't hit me'.
    - AlterAsc talks about the problem with Trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Worst case scenario, grab the shield of raw steel and laugh your way through the tower.
    - JellySlayer carrying one of my characters.

Hey thanks guys for the reply; always wondered if there was anything good to do with those. Will try in DH and post results.

Just got gold. About 10x more than with scroll of treasure creation.

This thing should really be changed, it's utterly useless as-is. Maybe if it generated 1d6 / 2d6 / 3d6 drops for C/U/B it'd be worthwhile.

I mean if you actually want it to be useful sure, not not everything has to be.

I actually think it would be funny for a cursed one to "uncreate" one of your items in your pack or maybe spawn a mimic instead.. actually I think i'll make an RFE