Thread: Dwarven wizard negotiated to death in Ice Queen Domain

Default Dwarven wizard negotiated to death in Ice Queen Domain

Ice Queen Domain is apparently not a good place for me to go lately. My Teleportitis-debate character got caught off-guard by a giant army of ice creatures before even gaining teleportitis. And now Dwad, my level 20 dwarven wizard, got caught off guard by the Chaos Diplomat.

Going through the trouble of making a decent character out of a wizard takes a lot of time and care. Once they get going they become pretty darn awesome. When in a tight spot, they can just blast their way out of trouble, and when that doesn't work, just cast Teleportation and SWOOSH! you're safe.

This one had SLB, Sword of Sharpness, Mace of Destruction, Crown of Regeneration and a RoDS generated randomly in the Animated Forest. Precrowning gift Hammer of the Gods was very underwhelming but what the heck. Dwad had ambitions of dispatching Andor Drakon and becoming ultimate leader of the world for all eternity.

Killing the Chaos Diplomat was considered to be just another day at the office for Dwad. The Chaos Diplomat had other plans and killed Dwad in two turns.

So what's the deal with Chaos Diplomat, did he become stronger in Steam version? Because I don't remember ever having any trouble at all with him before.

He's pretty tough for melee - extremely fast and hard-hitting. That said, he doesn't seem to have too much DV or health. I remember trying to run away after realizing my mistake and it was gonna be impossible, so I prayed and he took out half my health again almost instantly, so I put it on Berserk and hoped for the best and killed him instantly from... slightly injured?

Yeah I meleed him with my one of my previous paladins. He took a lot of my health in maybe 2-3 turns I killed him in melee. Low health, hits like a truck. Next time I'm going ranged/magic for sure vs him.

Each time I tried to kill him (which was always by spells), he'd just stand there in his place taking hits and never moving and died in 2 turns. I almost felt sorry for the guy. Why would even want to melee him as a wizard?

In latest versions he has 4 attacks at speed 261 and deals >60 damage per hit with penetrating attacks... so yeah, melee not recommended. And spells do not break him from his prison which is probably a bug.

oh so there is a prison after all. I always assumed he was just lying and loitering there by his own free will

Quote Originally Posted by nanomage View Post
    oh so there is a prison after all. I always assumed he was just lying and loitering there by his own free will
    When you attack him, I think he says something like "Ah, I'm free!"

Quote Originally Posted by nanomage View Post
    Why would even want to melee him as a wizard?
    He never came even close to being dangerous all the previous times I killed him. Like I said, he caught me off guard. I was too confident.

Done just the same as mjz15, was pretty surprised at the difference.
    Feels like his hps also was buffed quite a bit, as said above, avoid CC and load up those humanoid slayers.
    Last edited by blunk; 12-16-2015 at 10:11 PM.