Thread: Kicking stairs

Default Kicking stairs

I have a level 14 dark elven elementalist that's having some problems with low strength scores. Some help would be appreciated
    He reached his strength potential, which is a staggering 10. With a girdle of strength (+2 Str) he has a mindblowing grand total of Str 12. After dropping all his junk at Walmart he's carrying 2100 stones. 2300 stones makes him Strained!. No potions of strength potential, of course. No girdles of carrying. I have 2 potions of gain attributes but it seems a total waste to use them already.

So: who has experience kicking stairs? What are the gains? Does it even raise strength potential or would it be a total waste of time? And how big exactly are the risks?

Quote Originally Posted by mjz15 View Post
    So: who has experience kicking stairs? What are the gains? Does it even raise strength potential or would it be a total waste of time? And how big exactly are the risks?
    Stairkicking adds ST training so I don't believe it would go through potential.

If you are really desperate you can mine out something like OgreCave in search for stone giants. Stone giant corpses raise St potential [you can get ST point by being burdened/eating ogres/paying dwarven trainer -- so spare stone giants should be sold].

I would recommend --
    - corroding pickaxe into ochre jellies/gray oozes in order to lower pickaxe repair costs
    - using weapon of hunting to get more giant corpses.

I sometimes do that thing with hurthlings who can't find St potential pots.

I would highly recommend getting to the FGJC ASAP. No prob for a caster, and tons of frost giant berserkers generate, those raise potentials fast.