Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rings + gloves, impossibility?

Default Rings + gloves, impossibility?

In Tower of Eternal Flames, wearing gloves will protect my rings from destruction. This means the gloves must be worn over the rings, as they're not exposed to the environment.

A Mist Elf will not take damage from rings if they are wearing gloves. This must mean the rings are worn on top of the gloves, as they're not touching the skin.

I guess they're multi-layered gloves/gauntlets.

Mist elfs take damage if they wear two iron rings. Gloves do not protect from this damage.

Quote Originally Posted by yhal003 View Post
    Mist elfs take damage if they wear two iron rings. Gloves do not protect from this damage.
    Unless I'm terribly mistaken, this does not match my experience. It seemed like maybe 1 iron ring without gloves would cause damage, but with gloves would prevent it.

Quote Originally Posted by hapro View Post
    Unless I'm terribly mistaken, this does not match my experience. It seemed like maybe 1 iron ring without gloves would cause damage, but with gloves would prevent it.
    You are terribly mistaken Or your experience needs an update. Gloves do not protectr mist elves from iron rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    You are terribly mistaken Or your experience needs an update. Gloves do not protectr mist elves from iron rings.
    The wiki (which I did not write) says:
    "Mist elves that start off with rings will come equipped with gloves so that they can wear such rings without injury"
    and
    "Even without armor bonuses, gloves are quite beneficial to mist elves as protecting their hands allows them to wield iron items or wear iron-based rings without taking damage."

Is that wrong? I can't test at work.

I was confused by that wiki as well - but my experience says they don't affect rings at all but do allow you to wield iron weapons (which is a lot of good weapons so hurray!)

Edit: I want to say that they don't help you wear iron shields though....but I'm not sure since I never touch those anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by hapro View Post
    The wiki (which I did not write) says:
    "Mist elves that start off with rings will come equipped with gloves so that they can wear such rings without injury"
    and
    "Even without armor bonuses, gloves are quite beneficial to mist elves as protecting their hands allows them to wield iron items or wear iron-based rings without taking damage."

Is that wrong? I can't test at work.
    The wiki is wrong in these instances.

Overall, wiki is not a saint book of wisdom. It is just a collection of player based experience.

huh, how about that. I must have read it on the wiki at one point and then taken damage with gloves off (from my weapon) and automatically connected to the two without thinking about it

On related note, Immune to Pain is not enough to prevent damage from wearing iron headgear. Very annoying. It does let mist elves wear one of amulet, gauntlets, bracers or second ring.