Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please spoil me, what is best place to get AoLS and how important is to save Khelly?

Default Please spoil me, what is best place to get AoLS and how important is to save Khelly?

I have really promising Lvl 20 Dwarven Priest and I am desperately trying to find AoLS. I have found 2 potions of cure corruption, but additional means would be welcome. I went from lvl 18 to lvl 20 in CoC Big Room with no joy.

Was really lucky with DH too, both levels having staircases very close to each other.

So, any advice to my question in topic?

Quote Originally Posted by Sardaukar View Post
    I have really promising Lvl 20 Dwarven Priest and I am desperately trying to find AoLS. I have found 2 potions of cure corruption, but additional means would be welcome. I went from lvl 18 to lvl 20 in CoC Big Room with no joy.

Was really lucky with DH too, both levels having staircases very close to each other.

Let the Khelly die? I mean background corruption was reduced, so with just cashing in orb guardians and doing unicorn quests should cover noraml ending.

Most ultras end wishing for AoLS, so either pools or http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/Item_polymorphing

Clearing a large amount of loot is the non-wish way to get an AoLS, whether through finding it (water dragon cache), pickpocketing, or plain killing lots of enemies. If you haven't done IQD yet, the guaranteed greater vault in FGJC5 provides a ton of loot (if you can clear it - hope for anything but undead?)

Saving Khelly isn't really that important though. You may also explore the Library for spells, which also usually gets you 5 scrolls of corruption removal.

Between Ice Queen dungeon, Tomb of High Kings, and the random dungeons, I usually find a ring without even scumming these days. Like Soirana said, there's likely >50% chance to sip a wish from Darkforge. If you pick up/buy every ring you find in the game and have a few potions of exchange, it's also probably >50% chance.

One thing I did a long time ago when I was really desperate was go to ID25 and stairhop for tension rooms and clear them, though I suspect that might be less efficient than Tomb of High Kings scumming.

As for how important he is - unless you're doing and ultra, not important at all.

I let Khelly die. I just got my first win and corruption was no problem. I even destroyed all my Potions of Cure Corruptions accidently. I managed to beat game with 0 corruptions without doing unicorn quests or any scumming. So saving him for corruption removal isn't important. For normal victory just let him die, not worth spending a wish for AoLS imo, unless you absolutely have nothing else you need.

Get piety to Very Close+ then drain Darkforge pools, leaving and sacrificing more any time you get doomed.

After that, I'd clear anything else possible, dip my biggest stack of rings into !ex on D8, then let him die if no RODS or AOLS. Saving him is not very important if you aren't determined to get an ultra ending. Plenty of corruption removal is available from
    Druid, unicorn, Weird Tome and/or Bugsville. Also mystic if you're not unlucky.

I'd say saving kelly is the equivalent of 3 wishes - two of them just for the scrolls of corruption removal, third for the rest.
    Hence, though it's optional for regular wins, it does help when one has accumulated too much corruption.

As for aols - I'd cross out the option to find one randomly since they are exceedingly rare and of high DL.
    On the other hand getting a rods is somewhat easier - I'd scum High Kings cavernous levels or Ice Queen Domain.
    Finally, if you have a couple of stack of 4-5 rings and some blessed potions of exchange, you can dip the rings on D:8 and hope for a rods this way.
    You can get one quite often. Finally there are pools and a chance of getting wish directly, especially in Dfg, but that is the last resort since drinking from pool can cause canceritis.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    Finally, if you have a couple of stack of 4-5 rings and some blessed potions of exchange, you can dip the rings on D:8 and hope for a rods this way.
    Why is D:8 the magic number for dipping to get RoDS? Is it actually rarer to get it from higher DL dipping?

Why are you saying dipping rings to blessed potions of exchange? Isn't AoLS an amulet, not ring?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinae View Post
    Why is D:8 the magic number for dipping to get RoDS? Is it actually rarer to get it from higher DL dipping?
    Well, higher DL allows more rings, cutting these off increases chances for lower DL rings. Since RoDS are Dl8 items anything lower does not generate and anything higher reduces the chances [DL 9 brings in karmic absorption rings, i believe]. So, yes it is rarer in higher DL.

Why are you saying dipping rings to blessed potions of exchange? Isn't AoLS an amulet, not ring?
    RoDS has something like 4-5% chance per ring dipped, AoLS is probably quite under 1% [the only testing got 1 in ~250 tries, which is not statistical data]. this is a problem in the first place since RoDs are more common loot than AoLS.
    AoLS can be produced directly via raw chaos pots, but if you have reasonable ring stack it is better to morph pots to get more PoEx to polymorph rings [Exchange pots accept stacks under 20s, so up to 19 rings, while raw chaos produces just one thing as a result]. i could calculate cut off point, but I would need to know AoLS generation chance.
    Last edited by Soirana; 12-31-2015 at 11:39 AM.