Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please spoil me, what is best place to get AoLS and how important is to save Khelly?

Quote Originally Posted by Sardaukar View Post
    Why are you saying dipping rings to blessed potions of exchange? Isn't AoLS an amulet, not ring?
    It's probably easier to get Ring of Djinni Summoning and wish for Amulet of Life Saving, instead of directly dip for the amulet. Rings are generally more useful anyways, so you might get something nice like Ring of Ice etc for ToEF.

Edit: Soirana beat me to it with few seconds.
    Last edited by Shinae; 12-31-2015 at 11:37 AM.

Ah, got it. So RoDS is easier to get with PoEx that AoLS.

This is funny, now I got "Divine Favour" from blessed potion of wonder... Only takes 354 PP to cast..and I have 202.... I do have blessed potion of boost mana, but not sure if that gets me high enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Sardaukar View Post
    This is funny, now I got "Divine Favour" from blessed potion of wonder... Only takes 354 PP to cast..and I have 202.... I do have blessed potion of boost mana, but not sure if that gets me high enough...
    I wuld not count on "Create item' in this situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    I wuld not count on "Create item' in this situation...
    Yea...this must be the most underwhelming spell ever compared to PP cost...

On a recent Ultra win I was having the same issue and ended up finding a RoDS in the greater vault in the frost giant caves. But it's not usually hard to get a wish by that point - in quite a few games I end up finding a RoDS before even making it to Khelly. But I can count on one hand the number of games I've found an AoLS before saving Khelly - I usually never encounter random drops of them until the BDC, honestly.

I think with the new ring dipping mechanics, you're almost guaranteed to get 1 RoDS after a couple of dips with a reasonable sized stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbreath View Post
    I think with the new ring dipping mechanics, you're almost guaranteed to get 1 RoDS after a couple of dips with a reasonable sized stack.
    On my last PC I found two ring shops in the sinister dungeon. I emptied them and they restocked about 4-5 times. I was pretty much swimming in rings. I start ring dipping on d:8, having about 12-13 rings in each stack, I dipped about 5 stacks, and got only one RoDS.

I was quite disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by mjz15 View Post
    On my last PC I found two ring shops in the sinister dungeon. I emptied them and they restocked about 4-5 times. I was pretty much swimming in rings. I start ring dipping on d:8, having about 12-13 rings in each stack, I dipped about 5 stacks, and got only one RoDS.

I was quite disappointed.
    Shortly after the dipping mechanics were changed, TB capped it at 1 RoDS from dipping per game.

Quote Originally Posted by hapro View Post
    Shortly after the dipping mechanics were changed, TB capped it at 1 RoDS from dipping per game.
    Thanks for the info. I emptied Ring shop and Potion shop several times my last game and only found 1 RoDS as well. Nice to know it wasn't my bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by hapro View Post
    That explains...