Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please spoil me, what is best place to get AoLS and how important is to save Khelly?

You can find many rods in any game but you can only get one via potion of exchange dipping.
    Then, given enough loot, you can find more random rods.
    The limitation of one per game only affects dipping rings in poex, not random drops or shops.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

OK, problem solved. Got See Invisibility and wish for AoLS from pool in Darkforge. Darkforge steel golems etc. were a cakewalk with this character. I know better than try take on Kherab.. Khellu gave me 6 scrolls of corruption removal and spellbooks of Englightment (ID) and Ethreal Bridge (teleportation, which is nice, since found finally blink dog corpse on Banshee level). I think there is a chance this character to be my first YAVP ever (especially since crowned with fire immunity). Furthest in game so far I have gotten was years ago with grey elven barbarian (of all things), was killed by cat lord. By the way, I have suspicion that Skullcrusher might be also slaying weapon against golems and undead, considering how easy they have been to kill with it)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Character Information

Tiny St:31 Le:30 Wi:35 Dx:31 To:39 Ch:17 Ap:18 Ma:29 Pe:22 L+
    DV/PV: 53/46 H: 348(348) P: 252(252) Exp: 23/1497112 M: 107807

Background Information

Name: Tiny Race: male Dwarf Class: Priest
    Eye color: brown Hair color: brown Complexion: tanned
    Height: 4'1" Weight: 167 pounds
    Age: 74 (grown-up, 10 years of unnatural aging added in)
    Star sign: Book Birthday: 24/Book (day 54 of the year)

Inventory
    Total weight: 6052 stones Carrying capacity: 9102 stones

He: uncursed metal cap [+0, +6] [50s]
    Ne: blessed ankh [3s]
    Bo: uncursed Perion's mithril plate mail (-1, -4) [-1, +13] [450s]
    Gi: blessed girdle of carrying [+0, +0] [15s]
    Cl: uncursed cloak of protection [+0, +3] [20s]
    RH: blessed rune-covered club "Skullcrusher" (+12, 3d6+2) [-3, +0] {St+4}
    LH: uncursed tower crystal shield (-2) [+13, +4] [260s]
    RR: blessed ring of damage [1s]
    LR: blessed ring of the clear mind {ZZZZZZ} [1s]
    Br: uncursed bracers of defense [+2, +0] [10s]
    Ga: blessed elemental gauntlets (-1, +0) [+0, +3] [10s]
    Bo: uncursed heavy boots [-1, +4] [30s]
    MW: uncursed long bow (+2, +2) [30s]
    Mi: bundle of 81 uncursed arrows (+0, 1d6) [162s]
    Tl: uncursed glockenspiel [120s]

Quote Originally Posted by Sardaukar View Post
    By the way, I have suspicion that Skullcrusher might be also slaying weapon against golems and undead, considering how easy they have been to kill with it)
    Golems are humanoid constructs... try grues.

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Golems are humanoid constructs... try grues.
    Ah, that explains it. I thought golems would not be vulnerable to !Human. I think Vampires etc. are also vulnerable. Makes Skullcrusher quite nice weapon overall, especially with lvl 11 Mastery. I have Big Punch as backup if more hitting power needed.

Humanoid is a separate category from type which is why it makes the best slaying category. Vampires are undead and humanoid. Golems are construct and humanoid. Balors are demons and humanoid. Giants are giants and humanoid. In fact in not sure that there are any giants that aren't humanoid. Can anyone confirm?

Basically humanoid slaying it's awesome. Things to worry about after finding a humanoid slayer: really strong elementals and wyrms - especially those in greater vaults. Maybe some grues? I'm not sure about the great stone beast? Is awesome
    Completed: All Races, All Classes. Twice.
    Fastest Run: Dwarf Mindcrafter - 34803 turns. No wand of tele.
    Challenge Games: C- CK (stupid ending), Platinum Girdle x10, Westside Story, Team Teleport - illiterate troll barb, Scroll of Omnipotence obtained
    ULE - DE Archer

All giants are humanoids without exception.
    Not all undead are humanoid though the majority is.
    Dragons and drakes are not humanoid but then we have the mighty wyrmlance, the only random artifact that is actually guaranteed.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."