Thread: Kicking statues = Death

Default Kicking statues = Death

I kicked a statue and I died.
    Corrupted me to death.
    I wasn't even that corrupted in the first place.
    Didn't even have a turn to read a scroll.
    Was going to be an easy first win on the steam version.
    I'm slightly mad.

I knew that statues could doom you. I didn't know they could instantly kill you.

I had just about every intrinsic possible except paralyzation resistance.
    I had no idea there was a statue that corrupts you to death, or that any statue kills you literally the turn you use it.
    I didn't save my file because I was in such shock that I just quit out.

Don't kick statues. Stepping on them might be fine but who knows maybe one corrupts you to death when you step on it.

Quote Originally Posted by pjsb1 View Post
    I kicked a statue and I died.
    Corrupted me to death.
    I wasn't even that corrupted in the first place.
    Didn't even have a turn to read a scroll.
    Was going to be an easy first win on the steam version.
    I'm slightly mad.

I knew that statues could doom you. I didn't know they could instantly kill you.

I had just about every intrinsic possible except paralyzation resistance.
    I had no idea there was a statue that corrupts you to death, or that any statue kills you literally the turn you use it.
    I didn't save my file because I was in such shock that I just quit out.

Don't kick statues. Stepping on them might be fine but who knows maybe one corrupts you to death when you step on it.
    Imo statues are horrifying features to be avoided at all cost. It'd be different if you had some idea of what they were before you stepped on them, or if the step mechanic was swapped to something else, but as it is I just stay the heck away.

I didn't know they could do something THAT bad as to instantly kill you. I know they can probably summon emperor liches or things like that but I wasn't worried. Didn't know that they could be a you are dead button. Even cursing my girdle of carrying wouldn't have killed me.

If I remember correctly, statues are still in "beta phase" and pending a one-by-one review, so there are several unfair ones. Here's an RFE about it, you'd do well to upvote and comment about this particular case.
    "And light there be!"

The step-on statues seem mostly OK now (I haven't encountered the dooming one in ages so maybe it got switched?) I wouldn't kick or pray on any of them without spoilers though.

Yeah there's too many horrible ones that I always read spoilers about statues. I always step on them however, I've gotten some nice stuff out of them too. Like +10 random stat, 2x rings of ice etc. Most of the time they are good, but there are few really bad ones.

I'm surprised they allowed these insta-kill bugged statues into the steam version. If it were me I would have just patched them all out of the game until they could all be dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by anon123 View Post
    If I remember correctly, statues are still in "beta phase" and pending a one-by-one review, so there are several unfair ones. Here's an RFE about it, you'd do well to upvote and comment about this particular case.
    I posted in the RFE about it, hopefully it catches an eye.