Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you guys normally play mist elf? I feel like I am doing this wrong

Even if you do get your To up you still have no hp as a mist elf wizard. You're vulnerable to instadeath by traps until like level 25+. It's the price you pay for having ridiculously overpowered magic. I once found a room of greater molochs in DH and levelled from 17 to 29. Magic missile kills everything, including yourself - at higher levels it goes so far and bounces so much that it's hard to NOT kill yourself with it.

wow, didn't know that, since I did eat a lot of giants (different types as well, fire, stone, frost) still didn't rise it above my max Strength potention(11) so I just assumed corpse don't work for anything above max potention. I guess corpse and potention potions are the main goal at later stage when potention is reached for all stats then?

Quote Originally Posted by Xin View Post
    wow, didn't know that, since I did eat a lot of giants (different types as well, fire, stone, frost) still didn't rise it above my max Strength potention(11)
    Stone giants [and dark orcs, orc butchers, stone giant lords and few others] work for St potential. I mean, not every corpse will give raise, but some chance to raise potential exists [depends on potential value too].

May i throw in another mist elf question into this thread: does using white necromancy have the same 5/4 return on investment in Mana points as the black version?

no. It costs 2 Ma and you may or may not get 2 back eventually. Usually you don't get it back.

Also my 2 cents, if you have resistance sources and a helmet you'll have nothing to fear from traps and vortices starting at lvl 9 for most classes even if your toughness is at 8. Mist elves are fragile, but not quite as fragile as zliplus thinks, imho.

pits. pits freaking kill them. I lost a lvl 16 ME wizard to an instadeath pit. (after a statue drained 10 of my 39 HPs away permanently)

Ha! Forgot about that one! But that was imo more a delayed statue death than a trap death. Once I had an Orc instakilling a lvl 8 with a thrown dagger. I was shopping in pc1 and it was outside my sight range, went from 24 hp (14 pv) to -17.

Don't pits do damage proportional to maximum HP? I find they hit much harder in late game, or is it just a result of higher DL?

Quote Originally Posted by yhal003 View Post
    Don't pits do damage proportional to maximum HP? I find they hit much harder in late game, or is it just a result of higher DL?
    Not in my experience, I'm pretty sure it does a max of 20

I think I remember losing nearly 100HP to pits under graveyard, and ~40-50 in IQD, as well as sizeable HP amounts in the maze