Thread: No more ADOM prereleases outside Steam?

Default No more ADOM prereleases outside Steam?

I've realized that since R61 there has been no prereleases for campaign donors.
    I found this in the FAQ:
    In summary: there always will be a free version (ADOM Classic) and there will be a Steam version (ADOM Deluxe). More commercial options probably will follow later on.

The basic idea behind the Steam version is to provide "Deluxe" features and put great focus on community features (shared and global highscores, achievements, maybe in game chat, etc.)
    I didn't find a direct answer in the FAQ or elsewhere, so I'll pop the question:
    is the Steam release at R61 the end of the closed prereleases for the campaign donors?
    If so, it might be a good idea to post a big notification about this on the super-secret campaign
    donor download site.

For the record, I'd use a wish for a simpler, non-Steam version of ADOM Deluxe, without all the "community features".

Hi!

No, it's not. We were so time-bound that we didn't manage to get out non-Steam prereleases during the past weeks. The next releases with many new features again will be there for prerelease testers.

Reason behind it sadly is that doing a Steam prerelease or release takes about 15 minutes, while doing any other kind of release (and I mean just doing the release) takes many hours from Jochen. Thus we focussed all the stabilization work for Steam on Steam-only.

This is a temporary side effect.

The current form of prereleases will end at some point, too. Officially that's to be the point when all crowdfunding promises have been implemented - which is still months in the future at best.
    Thomas Biskup
    ADOM & Ultimate ADOM Maintainer
    https://www.adom.de - https://www.ultimate-adom.com