Thread: If you're used to ASCII but want to see the pretty graphics too...

Default If you're used to ASCII but want to see the pretty graphics too...

After a request on the Facebook group I thought I'd put instructions here so that there's a permanent, easily-found reference. If you want to play ADOM looking like this:

compromise.png

Then set your NotEYE 'm' (graphical mode and mini-map) and 'r' (font, resolution and fullscreen) menus to these settings:

how2display.jpg

This is set up for a 1920 * 1080 resolution. (I'm on Windows 10, in case that's relevant to anyone).

BTW, NotEye version in ASCII mode is easier than pure ASCII, since you can see monster health bars.

Quote Originally Posted by shockeroo View Post
    After a request on the Facebook group I thought I'd put instructions here so that there's a permanent, easily-found reference. If you want to play ADOM looking like this:
    Not-eye part blanks out if I switch to classical [old-style] display with Ctrl+n+m. any fixes to that?

Weird - mine works fine in all three configurations. Is your resolution as high as mine? Do you need to stretch your window maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by shockeroo View Post
    Weird - mine works fine in all three configurations. Is your resolution as high as mine? Do you need to stretch your window maybe?
    No, I adjusted settings for my resolution. apparently it fails only when in full screen. IIRC, full screen is rather buggy overall.

Okay, I figured the issue. Apparently full mode is okay, but if i move mouse to the Ascii part of my screen, tiles part moves up into unexplored regions of blank black. And that is with mouse being disabled in not-eye settings....

Yeah this doesn't work well in full-screen. The mouse does seem to have an effect even with mouse control turned off - one for a bug report methinks!