Thread: 'Memory' of Cold blood corruption

Default 'Memory' of Cold blood corruption

Just lost very promising HuDlst due to strange phenomena — Character accidentally acquired Cold blood corruption in Ice Temple and thus got his speed drop to 10. Since self-fire-pumping isn't allowed in that area, read SoCR and got speed back to normal. Then pure human reached Blue Dragon Caves, accidental hit from stone grue bring second round of Cold Blood and surprisingly speed of 10 (!). It didn't takes long to Ancient Dragons to force me to retreat to the surface, there by some reinsurance I left all the sources of corruption removal (That WAS a mistake). To complete the tide of the bad luck the bunch of balors appeared and finished Duelist in just one round (with the speed of 13 it was a cakewalk for them).

The only explanation for me was the idea that Cold Blood corruption somehow remembered the exact temperature of the blood last time it was removed and then just strikes back =)

I don't sure the particular effect of the corruption was ever mentioned, still that might be the very dead end to many characters on D:50 etc. One corrupting hit of the balor may not only cost you half of the HP but also all the speed.

Has anybody got the same in the last times?
    //Public version r60
    Last edited by littlebrather; 01-15-2016 at 05:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    This is a gameplay challenge, not an exercise in tedium.

We'd probably have to do some testing to see if cold blood corruption indeed remembers its final speed before removal.
    This could be potentially abuse-able, if you could somehow predict when you're going to get the corruption again once removed.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

As the 'great final battle' always includes shitload amount of corruption, the fire-based type of speed manipulating (200 limit IRC) before reading SoCR sounds sane. However I myself usually don't consider corruptions like this one of any danger, except they happen in IQ Realm or some other cold neighborhood, there it turns out to be really annoying and has to be removed AFAP, without any self-thermodynamic manipulations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    This is a gameplay challenge, not an exercise in tedium.