Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Mindcraft Question

Default Stupid Mindcraft Question

Can someone tell me how many energy points mindcraft takes? I've only recently got back into ADOM hardcore after a long break, and it seems like using mindcraft costs almost nothing. I don't recall it being that way in the past, but I'd rather ask here since I'm uncertain.

I can't tell you of the top of my head but by pressing, I think, colon little t (:t), it'll change the display and one of the options spurred you the energy cost of your last action.

It might be a different combo but you can check that in the built in moves list section by pressing "?" Then "k" for keybindings.
    Completed: All Races, All Classes. Twice.
    Fastest Run: Dwarf Mindcrafter - 34803 turns. No wand of tele.
    Challenge Games: C- CK (stupid ending), Platinum Girdle x10, Westside Story, Team Teleport - illiterate troll barb, Scroll of Omnipotence obtained
    ULE - DE Archer

Yeah I did that and it showed like 700 something but I believe the display is bugged. I hadn't really been using my mindcraft except for confuse ray because I was building and training to make this character a bruiser using Minecraft for the shield and utility and stuff. But I was mind blast a minotaur like 8 times without it getting a single action. Unless my memory of mindcraft is awful, something really weird is going on. Itd be a shame if I had to scrap this character because I hadn't noticed this until now. I'm hoping there's a non-glitchy explanation. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Garresh View Post
    Can someone tell me how many energy points mindcraft takes?
    You can always use Malte's table. Essentially mindcraft costs depend on char level.

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    You can always use Malte's table. Essentially mindcraft costs depend on char level.
    That's PP cost. I'm talking about energy cost, as in how long it takes to invoke mindcraft. Like the spinning kick for monks takes 2500 or about 2.5 turns.

Yeah I just played a Mindcrafter game and I could use all my abilities indefinitely between monster moves without them responding. Apparent zero energy cost. Is this a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by shockeroo View Post
    Yeah I just played a Mindcrafter game and I could use all my abilities indefinitely between monster moves without them responding. Apparent zero energy cost. Is this a bug?
    That's definitely not how it worked in 1.1.1 Mindcraft usesd base energy cost (same as spellcasting). In current version... confusion blast seems to work as normal...

Soirana, are you using steam version or no?

I'm going to do some testing after work tonight and maybe make a video to show the bug before I put in a bug report. This is way too huge not to look into.

Humorous aside, but not sure if I should feel stupid or proud(for not glitching) that I melee'd the ACW instead of spamming free kinetic blasts. Haha

Haven't played mindcrafter in the steam version, but before steam it costs 1000 ep as usual. I have steam, so I'll test it when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by Garresh View Post
    Soirana, are you using steam version or no?
    I use steam version, just haven't played crafter since ~p23. The one I rolled used confusion blast with normal energy cost, shrugs. So problem is not related to lv1 mindcrafters using confusing blast....