Thread: Oh well, I think I'm screwed (Lost an Orb...!)

Default Oh well, I think I'm screwed (Lost an Orb...!)

I'm currently playing a lv 32 assassin. Had a really hard time with this one. No good artifacts, few stats potions, etc. Just before going to kill the cat I realised that my water Orb was not in my inventory. The last time I equipped it was quite a while ago, in the Tower of Eternal Flame.... I don't understand. I guess it could be anywhere. From what I can see monsters don't grab Orbs so at least there is that..... Any advices? I don't have any stash except one with only books in the barbarian area. If I can't find it I guess I'll just get the achemy achivement and leave, but that would be lame.

It's like losing your keys... Everyone has helpful hints for you that don't help at all, then you find them in plain sight

But seriously, if you dump before battles or stairs, check there, otherwise check on an altar if you forgot to pick up your ID pile. You're probably stuck checking each floor in the CoC

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    It's like losing your keys... Everyone has helpful hints for you that don't help at all, then you find them in plain sight

But seriously, if you dump before battles or stairs, check there, otherwise check on an altar if you forgot to pick up your ID pile. You're probably stuck checking each floor in the CoC
    Yeah I guess so . Thanks for your reply though.

The problem is that I think I did random dungeon 3 4 5 6, as well as the rift and Tower, and maybe other locations. Also I don't get it, I never drop my tools, I did drop all my stuff at several occasions but I did took them all back. My guess is that I pressed the wrong key when I wanted to drop a broken pickaxe. That's the only thing I can think of.... oh well!

I actually don't think the pickaxe theory is right, as it's a weapon not a tool, so no slip ups possible.

Here's an idea, did you smith at all? If you're like me, I drop all my metal stuff when smithing, including orbs

There was/is a bug causing items with long names to "disappear" from your inventory (they're still there, but aren't displayed) when you use item filters. Have you tried using ':d' to drop all tools and then checking the pile on the floor?
    "And light there be!"

careful though, sometimes monsters run off with the stuff you dropped... you might have to kill everything in the level that you dumped your stuff to check and make sure