Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forum Challenge Game?

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    Same here. I think latest steam version should be used though, so we can have more people involved.
    The best way to get people involved is to use a free version that literally everyone can play (i.e. r60). Then again, I'm biased here.

Quote Originally Posted by Maul View Post
    The best way to get people involved is to use a free version that literally everyone can play (i.e. r60). Then again, I'm biased here.
    My logic was that we could access 2 forums worth of Adom fans but I see your point.

I would very much like to participate in AdomPossible variation. If there is someone with time and interest to organize it .

Are there any significant features added past r60 ?

The Weakest Link was super fun, but I also like the zodiac idea.

I really liked AdomPossible but I did hate the super-long turns when you started to fall behind.

I suggest a change to it:

Same basic idea, but... if a character fails twice in a row that character is considered dead. He is replaced by the lowest ranking (based on pick order) successful character from among other teams. This might get you stuck with a mist elven thief, but you know it's a successful character so far, up to you to keep it that way.

Yes that means you're building on another team's success - but you're also behind on points because your character failed twice already, and at least there are still enough viable characters to keep playing.

I'd probably allow both version r60 and r64. For a Weakest Link or ADOMPossible game, we just lump all of the r64 players together and all of the r60 players together on a separate team/character. AFAIK, there isn't really any significant differences between the two versions in terms of difficulty or balance, so it should be fair enough to have them competing against each other.

I really liked AdomPossible but I did hate the super-long turns when you started to fall behind.

I suggest a change to it:

Same basic idea, but... if a character fails twice in a row that character is considered dead. He is replaced by the lowest ranking (based on pick order) successful character from among other teams. This might get you stuck with a mist elven thief, but you know it's a successful character so far, up to you to keep it that way.

Yes that means you're building on another team's success - but you're also behind on points because your character failed twice already, and at least there are still enough viable characters to keep playing.
    For AdomPossible, my idea was to do it on exploration mode. If your character dies, then you get to use one or more of the wishes from your WoW to help you catch up. Easier on r64 where you get ~40 wishes, but workable on r60 where you only get 3 or 4. I would probably also not push quite so far into the game as I did last time--maybe end at the ToEF or something.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    I'd probably allow both version r60 and r64. For a Weakest Link
    You can't really do finals in weakest link if people play different versions in earlier stages...

I don't really see how wishes help, since people mostly complained about amount of turns needed...
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    You can't really do finals in weakest link if people play different versions in earlier stages...

I don't really see how wishes help, since people mostly complained about amount of turns needed...
    Hopefully you could wish for something useful enough that it wouldn't require so many turns to complete the mission.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Hopefully you could wish for something useful enough that it wouldn't require so many turns to complete the mission.
    But in most cases they didn't use turns just to do missions, right? I mean throwing away few thousand turns makes any further playset harder. Although if this thing ends being AdomPossible I do not plan to participate, so whatever.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    That's a good point. I don't really see a great workaround for that. Either you can do a separate Steam and regular final, or make everyone play r60 for the finals. I think we did have to do something similar with server/non-server one year.

r60 saves are playable on r64, but sadly, if you take an r60 save and save it in r64, then it becomes unplayable in r60. Not surprising, I guess.

[edit]One thing to consider about Weakest Link is that the ID in general is much more punishing than it used to be for weaker characters due to the changes in monster generation. By I:11 or I:12, you're going to be quite frequently running into monsters that a Wand-born Gnome Fighter without Healing is going to have a lot of trouble with, especially if someone has added a few corruptions or trashed their gear or whatever. It's doubtful that most matches will go more than a full round or two through all the players.
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 02-17-2016 at 06:38 PM.