Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kherab

Default Kherab

Went into dfg and decided to poke kherab, why? for some reason I've never dispatched him and wow he's a tough nut to crack.
    Will probably return at a later stage.
    Have anyone else under estimated him?
    I was lucky to get out alive.

I have underestimated him... plenty of times, including once stepping on a flash trap with 30+ Dx and getting blinded then crited to death.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Yeah, he's a monster! I never even think about it unless I'm very, very lategame (levelling to 45/50 or something).

He's my source of anvil, I take him out after I kill all the steel golems so lvl 16-20 depending on race/class. My most recent dwarf ranger took him out at lvl 15, but he is an exception because he was precrowned with executor and crowned with the super arrow.

my first ever trip to darkforge ended with my death due to him. I was thinking, how much harder can he be than a giant steel guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    He's my source of anvil, I take him out after I kill all the steel golems so lvl 16-20 depending on race/class. My most recent dwarf ranger took him out at lvl 15, but he is an exception because he was precrowned with executor and crowned with the super arrow.

my first ever trip to darkforge ended with my death due to him. I was thinking, how much harder can he be than a giant steel guy?
    Seriously?! How are you regularly killing him under level 20 with most classes? I can see slaying ammo doing the job but otherwise... it takes a lot to take him down, and he can crit you to death really easily on the kind of HP you have at that level.

I mean. I've only killed him after winning but I imagine dealing with him is no harder (probably significantly easier) than say the catlord (who I personally believe is the hardest boss since he moves faster or on par with 7lb in addition to hitting like a truck). Most other monsters can be kited and dispatched with slaying ammo.
    Completed: All Races, All Classes. Twice.
    Fastest Run: Dwarf Mindcrafter - 34803 turns. No wand of tele.
    Challenge Games: C- CK (stupid ending), Platinum Girdle x10, Westside Story, Team Teleport - illiterate troll barb, Scroll of Omnipotence obtained
    ULE - DE Archer

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrnyx View Post
    I mean. I've only killed him after winning but I imagine dealing with him is no harder (probably significantly easier) than say the catlord (who I personally believe is the hardest boss since he moves faster or on par with 7lb in addition to hitting like a truck). Most other monsters can be kited and dispatched with slaying ammo.
    I guess I've handled the cat lord with things like webs and poison, could probably pull something similar with Kherab. I wouldn't try a stand-up fight though!

Quote Originally Posted by shockeroo View Post
    Seriously?! How are you regularly killing him under level 20 with most classes? I can see slaying ammo doing the job but otherwise... it takes a lot to take him down, and he can crit you to death really easily on the kind of HP you have at that level.
    I pickpocket pretty regularly, and usually get some kind of wand, either poison, paralysis, or death, and I get him in position for a bounce because he dodges often. Your DV should be high and you should be on coward, it can take s few tries, so make sure to have tp wand handy, also extra healing. Another method is to poison a ton of arrows. Also keep in mind, if you want some arrows of slaying, they 'drop' often in barbarian wild encounters.

With spellcasters it's super easy. Cast magic missile and calculate the bounce back. Still need lots of DV, healing, and tp.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47 View Post
    Your DV should be high and you should be on coward, it can take s few tries, so make sure to have tp wand handy, also extra healing.
    .... Still need lots of DV, healing, and tp.
    Why should not you use water in pool area to block him of, while you deal with him in whatever way you prefer?

For a guy with guaranteed xbow drop, he is surprisingly useless at range....
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Why should not you use water in pool area to block him of, while you deal with him in whatever way you prefer?

For a guy with guaranteed xbow drop, he is surprisingly useless at range....
    ....that's a wonderful idea! Never thought about the water! Thank you, that just made my life quite a bit easier.