Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Weakest Link 2016: Sign Up and Rules Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Couchfighter View Post
    Been reading both the team threads here and they are exciting tales indeed. Soooo after much contemplation I will try to overcome my fear of ridicule at all the manner of ways I manage to get characters killed with and offer my services to whichever team gets cursed with my being, if any team should need a stand-in or there are still spots open for this. Also I apologize for being so late to the party and will have no problem whatsoever having to sit this one out.
    I don't see any problem with you joining in one of the current leagues at this point. Are you okay playing r60 (the free version)?

pjsb1 from the League of Fame may be AWOL, so we could probably sub you in for her.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

I'm fine with playing r60. I don't want to step over pjsb1 but if there's a definite no-show there I will.. uh, step in, yeah.

Diving more than 5 levels is considered chaotic.
    So if I start at I3, what is max legal depth to pass the save? I8? I7? (Overall I think 5 levels are a bit too much, but whatever the rules say...)
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Per rules, you're allowed to go from I:3 to I:8. Expect some grumbling from teammates if you do so.

Against my better judgment, I'm going to avoid changing rules on the fly. Maybe will revisit in next rounds if it becomes a problem.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Per rules, you're allowed to go from I:3 to I:8. Expect some grumbling from teammates if you do so.
    Why do some people think TWL is cooperative game?..
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Couchfighter, you have been added to League of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    It's supposed to be fun, in addition to competitive. If the first person dives deep so early, the rest of the folks in that league don't get an even chance.

Perhaps there should be a "screw all y'all" chaotic league, neutral league, and a lawful league? You can pick where you want to play.

I'd like to join if there's still room and it's still possible to play after it's already started I'd prefer R64 but can play either.
    Playing since gamma 10, when necklaces looked like &s. Lithium man. Brass + Lithium. OCG. Illiterate barb. One race and one class to go.

Because playing it cooperatively prolongs the misery and pain, and this is a good thing.

Because

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer
    6) The first two rounds of the game (each league player successfully (or not) played 2 rounds) must be played without intentional character crippling.
    So until everybody has played two rounds, we'll all be holding each other's hands in cooperative sweaty grips and singing kumbaya.
    The moment all players had had their 2 turns... unleash hell
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."